Marketing Specialist - Internal
National Indemnity Company Omaha, NE
BHHIC Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Insurance Company
As a member of the Berkshire Hathaway group of insurance companies, we offer outstanding opportunities for professionals interested in working with a successful company. We offer unparalleled financial strength, stability and "large company" benefits, in addition to an exciting, friendly, "small company" atmosphere.
Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies has an immediate opening for an Internal Marketing Specialist to represent our organization by communicating with assigned agencies to build and foster agency relationships.
- Acts as Internal Marketing Specialist for assigned agents via phone calls and virtual on-line conferences. Responsible for monitoring and fostering agency relationships for assigned agents. Provides marketing information to agents regarding product opportunities, how to transact business with Company and response to basic inquiries on how to place various Property Casualty insurance products with the Company. Reviews agency performance and provides feedback to manager on progress of assigned agencies. Assists underwriters by helping answer routine agency questions about risk acceptability. Involved with new agent onboarding and company process education to the agents.
- Completes and updates Customer Resource Management (CRM) software detailing agency call notes for each agent interaction. Gives feedback to their manager regarding submission activity, new business binds and renewal retention of their assigned agencies. (Agencies are located throughout the country within each of the geographical regions.)
- Assists underwriters with routine product-related questions which are directed to the underwriting team. Answers routine agency questions received from underwriting about risk acceptability to identify potential opportunities. Contacts the field representative responsible for the agent to advise them of the communication and opportunity.
- Follows up, at manager's request on submission activity from newly appointed agents to see if there are any questions about the process. Discusses with manager if there are any unresolved questions. Trains new agencies following initial bind via Webex on how to use Manage Your Policy using their newly bound policy. Maintains contact in the event the agent has further questions. Assists field representative by providing Webex training to agents on our on-line rating software as requested.
- May assist field representatives with appointing prospective agents by preparing Company appointment application and supplies information to Agency Licensing unit to prepare new agency contract. Obtains necessary agency licensing and producer information required for Company appointment process and assists in setting up login IDs and passwords.
- Communicates issues raised by individual agents and works with manager to troubleshoots common problems. Identifies and communicates changes in the marketplace regarding competitors, coverage forms, pricing, and other items which may come up to management and company underwriters.
- Performs related duties as directed or as situation dictates such as assisting other groups in various product marketing launches, attends continuing education classes or seminars for sales and marketing, etc.
- Bachelor degree business or related field or equivalent
- Personal computer related spreadsheet software
- 1-2 years related work experience (preferred)
- Principles of finance, business, statistics, and insurance (preferred)
- Knowledge of insurance and rating and insurance products (preferred)
- Insurance industry and marketing techniques (preferred)
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Excellent customer service
National Indemnity Company offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes insurance, retirement plan with company match, educational assistance reimbursement paid at 100% up front, comprehensive wellness program and many other benefits.
| Date Posted
August 15, 2019
| Date Closes
September 14, 2019
| Located In
Marketing To Go
| SOC Category