Responsible for the design, architecture and the day-to-day maintenance of National Indemnity Company’s network environment. Initiates projects and prepares project plans. Forms and schedules project teams when necessary. Identifies and coordinates resource requirements to ensure successful project completion. Provides leadership and guidance to project team members and technical staff. Maintains strict confidentiality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acts as Senior Network Engineer for Cisco, F5, Arista and other routing, switching, load-balancing, firewall and telephony equipment. Maintains advanced knowledge of LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, VLANs, routing protocols such as OSPF, EIGRP and BGP, DHCP and DNS, IPSec and SSL VPN, firewall access lists and policies. Maintains a working knowledge of Windows and Linux servers, VMWare, Citrix, Exchange, Active Directory, SQL and IIS.
- Installs or upgrades networking systems for both local and remote networks for National Indemnity data center and user sites. Manages seamless traffic redundancy and system uptime for our Disaster Recovery site. Configures devices running IOS/EOS. Configures wireless and VoIP technologies. Secures edge networks by implementing firewall policies and rules. Working with other engineers and teams to design and implement network and security solutions. Identifies and researches new products and solutions and makes recommendations to management. Ensures high availability via redundancy and load balancing for all portions of the network. Maintains documentation of all projects and solutions.
- Configures and monitors network and security alerts and notifications. Performs network analysis to determine root cause of outages. Communicate issues, status updates, and problem resolution with customers, engineers and management.
- Design and deploy complex topologies to improve and maintain the network infrastructure for the company utilizing established reference architecture and vendor best practices in all designs, taking in to account high availability and disaster recovery. Determines best case scenarios for upgrade paths. Performs cost analysis on new equipment. Document and diagram new solutions.
- Establishes and maintains the system security levels for various networks, and the data backup and restoration of all network devices. Analyzes, plans, implements and maintains backup and recovery mechanisms. Manages and plans for systems growth, including LAN, WAN, Wireless, and Telephony.
- Provides technical instructions and training to Systems Department staff and company employees. Provides leadership and mentoring to the Network Team when necessary. Provides high level technical support on all aspects of outages for the Systems Department staff.
- Troubleshoots hardware and software problems during working hours and after hours as required by urgency or nature of situation.
- Performs related duties as assigned or as the situation requires.