Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Shift:Weekend Shift (United States of America)
Nebraska Medicine is seeking a talented individual to join us a Medical Social Worker for our Casual shift.
Why Nebraska Medicine:
Provide support and intervention to ensure assistance for patients and families with personal and/or environmental difficulties which predispose illness or interfere with obtaining maximum benefits from medical care. Be a part of a consultive service to focus on the social, psychological, rehabilitative, protective and financial needs of patients to coordinate care
* Master's degree in social work from a Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) accredited university required.
* Minimum of two years of experience in social work required.
* Knowledge of professional guidelines regarding confidentiality of client and staff information required.
* Competent in the use of a variety of computer applications, including Microsoft Excel and Word required.
* Ability to work effectively with diverse patient groups and their families required.
* Must demonstrate excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing required.
* Must demonstrate personal traits of a high-level commitment, motivation and energy, team orientation, and professionalism required.
* Knowledge of health care services and resources required.
* Ability to work independently required.
* Strong analytical skills required.
* Certified Social Worker (CSW) by Nebraska law OR Provisional Certified Master of Social Work (PCMSW) required.
* Geriatric department specific - Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) required.
* Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) for non-geriatric departments preferred.
Nebraska Medicine is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and protected veterans' status.
|Date Posted||June 8, 2023|
|Date Closes||June 23, 2023|
|Address||University Twr - Unit I|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
This job is related other jobs in these career categories