Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:First Shift (United States of America)
(Also known as Surg Tech, CST, Surgery Tech or OR Tech)
Ask Recruiter about Incentive 2023
Job in a Minute Surgical Technologist OR: https://youtu.be/ZppS4ELe4D0
"Be Extraordinary" as a Surgical Technologist at Nebraska Medicine will mean you will provide intraoperative patient center care alongside some of the best surgeons and OR support staff. Surgical Services performs some of the most difficult and complex surgeries in the area. We have 26 operating rooms that include hybrid suites, robotics and some of the newest OR technology.
(also known as Surg Tech, CST, Surgery Tech, OR Tech)
Days (Shifts vary: 7 am - 7 pm, 11 am - 11 pm, or 7 pm - 5:30 pm) also required to work on call and 1 holiday.
Why Nebraska Medicine:
Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
* Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution, PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
* Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care
* Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of American's top employers and the best employer in Nebraska
Support the intraoperative nursing care of patients by performing scrub and related duties according to standards and policies. Promote efficient operation of the surgery center and provide assistance to physicians and support staff.
* High school education or equivalent required.
* Graduate of an accredited surgical technology program OR equivalent training/scrub experience with an accredited institution required.
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required, must be from an American Heart Association (AHA) endorsed program.
* Prior experience as a surgical technologist or assistant preferred.
* Knowledge of various surgical instruments, equipment, and supplies/materials, all patient care equipment and supplies, policy, procedure, and protocol manuals, audio-visual, video, and microscopic equipment, computers, telecommunication equipment, and wall/ceiling and tanked medical gases preferred.
* For some clinical areas, the ability to speak, read, and write in English and Spanish may be preferred.
* Surgical technologist certification preferred.
Nebraska Medicine is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and protected veterans' status.
|Date Posted||June 3, 2023|
|Date Closes||June 18, 2023|
|Address||University Twr - Unit I|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
This job is related other jobs in these career categories
Assistant Professor-Medical Microbiology and Immunology
Special Faculty - Nursing ; Multiple Specialties (Phoenix Campus)