Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Shift:First Shift (United States of America)
Nurse Care Coordinator - Westroads Rheumatology Clinic
Monday - Friday
8am - 5pm
Why Nebraska Medicine:
Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
Coordinate a patient care delivery system for a designated group of patients in order to achieve high quality, cost effective patient outcomes across the continuum of health care with the goal of optimizing the patient's health status. Perform duties in the ambulatory setting as well as assisting complex (consisting of many different needs, intensive coordination) patients in the transition of care throughout multiple settings. Provides targeted interventions to avoid hospitalization and emergency room visits. Position may be designated within a primary care or specialty care area.
* Minimum of three years Registered Nurse (RN) experience OR a combination of relevant experience with specific patient population related to position, to be approved by the CNO, as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (three years LPN experience equals one year RN experience) inclusive of a minimum of one year in RN role required.
* Bachelor's degree in nursing (BSN) required unless candidate meets all of the factors to qualify for Exception A or Exception B*.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills required.
* Ability to prioritize and make independent clinical judgments required.
* Experience with basic patient care equipment, policy procedure and protocol manuals required.
* Ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively with an interdisciplinary team required.
* Effective critical thinking/analytical skills required.
* Ability to effectively evaluate care across the continuum.
* Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Nebraska or current compact state license required.
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required, must be from an American Heart Association (AHA) endorsed program (effective for new hires starting January 1, 2023 or later).
* Prior nursing experience in related field preferred.
* Based on position, prior experience in one or more of the following areas including oncology, cardiovascular care, neonatal intensive care, nephrology, solid organ transplantation, general medical/surgical care, emergency care, critical care, med spa, dialysis, interpretation, and explanation of physical/laboratory/screening results preferred.
* Master's of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree preferred.
* Based on position, successful completion of nephrology nurse education program preferred.
* Knowledge of health care financial environment and reimbursement systems preferred.
* Experience with Microsoft Office applications including Word and Excel preferred.
* Experience with graphic software preferred.
* Experience with patient teaching materials preferred.
* Understanding of related patient registries and data bases preferred.
* Experience leading/supervising a team preferred.
* Based on position, certification preferred in one or more of the following areas including Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Blood and Marrow Transplant Certified Nurse, Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE), International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC), Oncology Nursing Certification (OCN), Oncology Nursing Society Chemotherapy and Biotherapy, Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) department dependent required, and/or Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC) preferred.
EXCEPTION A: Candidate must meet all of the following: (1) has current experience directly applicable to position; (2) is deemed the best candidate for the position; and (3) written approval to hire a candidate without a BSN is received from the appropriate levels of operational leadership, nursing professional practice leadership and the Chief Nursing Officer. If a candidate is hired without a BSN after meeting these criteria, the candidate must either have 30 years of experience directly applicable to the position or sign a written agreement consenting to obtain a BSN within four years from his/her hire date.
EXCEPTION B: Candidate must meet all of the following: (1) is currently employed by Nebraska Medicine, or is eligible for rehire into a benefit eligible employment status at Nebraska Medicine within 364 days of the previous termination date; (2) hired by Nebraska Medicine before November 21, 2014, or hired by an entity acquired by Nebraska Medicine if the employee was hired before the acquisition; (3) has experience directly applicable to position; and (4) currently hold a Registered Nursing License.
Nebraska Medicine is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and protected veterans' status.
|Date Posted||May 21, 2023|
|Date Closes||June 5, 2023|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
This job is related other jobs in these career categories
Assistant Professor - Political Science and International Relations and Cultural and Social Studies