Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Registered Nurse - Med/Tele 5West
ASK YOUR RECRUITER ABOUT:
5 West is a 38-bed unit that cares for complex and diverse patient population. The staff on 5 West provide extraordinary care to a variety of medical and telemetry patients with acute and/or chronic disease, such as sepsis, respiratory, GI, endocrine, and cardiac, just to name a few. Our staff are also experts in caring for patients with COVID-19!
5 West is great unit to start and/or continue your nursing career. Here's a snapshot of some of the clinical skills you'll gain by working on 5 West.
5 West is known as the 5 West Wolfpack throughout the organization because of our outstanding TEAMWORK! The centralized nurses station fosters an area for all staff to have camaraderie, learn and grow together. The staff and leaders on 5 West have a passion for mentoring, professional development, and supporting one another like family. The culture and close-knit environment on 5 West make this unit an ideal choice for new and experienced nurses.
5 West leaders support their new staff by providing in depth orientation, goal planning, progress meetings and check-ins 30/60/90 days post-orientation completion.
All new graduate nurses get to attend nurse residency and encompassed in that program is a medical-surgical fellowship to enhance knowledge on various disease processes.
Nurse Residency Program: https://now.nebraskamed.com/news/supporting-nurses-through-their-first-year/?highlight=nurse%20residency
(also known as: RN, Registered Nurse)
Days or Nights
Full Time or Part Time
7am-730pm or 7pm-730am
Why Nebraska Medicine:
Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
* Bachelor's degree in nursing (BSN) required unless candidate meets all of the factors to qualify for Exception A or Exception B*.
* Effective communication skills required.
* Ability to demonstrate initiative, teamwork and flexibility required.
* Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Nebraska or current compact state license required.
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required, must be from an American Heart Association (AHA) endorsed program (effective for new hires starting January 1, 2023 or later).
* Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification department dependent required.
* For Emergency Department, Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification within 6 months of hire or transfer date required.
* Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification within 6 months of hire or transfer date department dependent required.
* Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC) OR Advanced Trauma Care for Nurses (ATCN) within one year or hire or transfer date department dependent required.
EXCEPTION A: Candidate must meet all of the following: (1) has current experience directly applicable to position; (2) is deemed the best candidate for the position; and (3) written approval to hire a candidate without a BSN is received from the hiring Director, Nursing Practice Professional Development & Informatics Executive Director and Chief Nursing Officer. If a candidate is hired without a BSN after meeting these criteria, the candidate must either have 30 years of experience directly applicable to the position or sign a written agreement consenting to obtain a BSN within four years from his/her hire date.
EXCEPTION B: Candidate must meet all of the following: (1) is currently employed by Nebraska Medicine, or is eligible for rehire into a benefit eligible employment status at Nebraska Medicine within 364 days of the previous termination date; (2) hired by Nebraska Medicine before November 21, 2014, or hired by an entity acquired by Nebraska Medicine if the employee was hired before the acquisition; (3) has experience directly applicable to position; and (4) currently hold a Registered Nursing License.
* Direct patient care experience preferred.
* Based on position, prior experience in one or more of the following areas including cardiology, cardiac drip management, critical care, emergency department, medical-surgical, obstetrics, cardiovascular rehabilitation, telemetry, oncology, neonatal intensive care, pediatric acute care, solid organ transplant, cath lab, EP lab, quality assurance related to health care, perioperative and special procedures in applicable nursing specialty area preferred.
* Master's of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree preferred.
* Based on position, one or more of the following courses including STABLE, smoking cessation counseling, basic critical care, or other specialty training courses preferred.
* Experience with Microsoft Office applications including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel preferred.
* Proficient with use of email applications preferred.
* Proficient with use of departmental equipment and systems such as patient care equipment, telecommunication systems, information systems, pneumatic tube system, general patient care supplies, and transport equipment preferred.
Nebraska Medicine is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and protected veterans' status.
|Date Posted||May 18, 2023|
|Date Closes||June 2, 2023|
|Address||University Twr - Unit I|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
This job is related other jobs in these career categories
Assistant Professor - Political Science and International Relations and Cultural and Social Studies