Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Shift:First Shift (United States of America)
APP Specialty Care - Cardiology, Heart Failure, Transplant
The APP for the Heart Failure and Transplant team is an exciting opportunity to join the Advanced Heart Failure Team. This APP will work as part of a multidisciplinary team caring for advanced heart failure, LVAD and heart transplant patients. The APP will see patients independently in clinic along with rounding on the inpatient service. Our multidisciplinary team collaborates with our physicians, pharmacists, and transplant coordinators. Experience in cardiology is preferred. We are looking for someone who is motivated, autonomous and ready to impact the lives of our heart failure patients.
*** Please include current resume for consideration ***
NOTE: This position will not be required to complete an assessment at time of application.
Why Nebraska Medicine:
Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
Provide comprehensive care to individuals and families with cardiac conditions including coronary artery disease, hypertension, hyperlipidemia, cardiac arrhythmias, and heart failure in an outpatient and/or inpatient setting for medical patients. Evaluate for emergent medical conditions including ACS, STEMI, life threatening arrhythmias, and cardiogenic shock. Diagnose medical conditions, plan and implement interventions, and evaluate patient responses in collaboration with a designated supervising physician. Perform and assist with diagnostic and therapeutic medical and/or surgical procedures.
* Master's degree in nursing from an accredited school/college of nursing required.
* Minimum of two years RN experience or equivalent combination of RN and nurse practitioner experience combined (two years of RN experience equals one year of APRN experience) required.
* Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Nebraska or current compact state required.
* Currently licensed as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse Practitioner (APRN) required.
* ACLS certification required, must be from an American Heart Association endorsed program upon first renewal.
* Appropriate certification required based on position, department and population served:
* Master's degree from an ARC-PA approved Physician Assistant program OR bachelor's degree with ten years of current active Physician Assistant experience and approval from the Director of the Office of Advanced Practice OR if bachelor's degree with less than ten years current active experience sign a written agreement consenting to obtain a Master's degree from an ARC-PA approved Physician Assistant program within three years from date of transfer or hire and approval from the Director of the Office of Advanced Practice required.
* Ability to maintain Continuing Medical Education (CME) hours to meet State of Nebraska and NCCPA Certification by the National Commission of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) [Or if new graduate, eligible for certification and certification completed prior to beginning to provide care] required.
* Currently licensed as a Physician Assistant in the State of Nebraska (or eligible for license prior to beginning to provide care) required.
Both Nurse Practitioner and Physician Assistant
* Ability to function with autonomy and able to make independent decisions while functioning as part of a comprehensive team required.
* Ability to effectively communicate in verbal and written forms required.
* Ability to provide critical thinking and analytical skills required.
* Efficient use of information systems, data processing systems, telecommunication devices, office equipment, and audiovisual teaching/education resources required.
* Ability to comprehend and follow policy, procedure, guidelines and protocols required.
* Flexibility and dedication to team involvement and supporting organizational goals required.
* Knowledge of health care policy and societal factors affecting the delivery of care required.
* Familiar with patient care equipment as appropriate to specialty area required.
* Federal Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) licensure required.
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required, must be from an American Heart Association endorsed program upon first renewal.
* Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification required.
* Adult Gerontology Acute Care (AGACNP-BC) certification preferred.
* Prior experience working in a related health care field as a Physician Assistant preferred.
Name: Bobby Collier
Phone: (402) 415-1894
Nebraska Medicine is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and protected veterans' status.
|Date Posted||May 16, 2023|
|Date Closes||May 31, 2023|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
This job is related other jobs in these career categories
Assistant Professor - Political Science and International Relations and Cultural and Social Studies