Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Shift:First Shift (United States of America)
LPN - Oncology Medical Surgical
The unit serves a wide variety of medical and surgical oncology and acute care patients where nurse to patient ratios are 1:4-5 consistently. Our approach is interdisciplinary and puts the patient and their family at the center of care. The unit works collaboratively with residents, APP's and physicians and a variety of services including General Oncology, Surgical Oncology, Gynecologic Oncology and a select group of Hospitalists.
Full Time, Days (7 am - 7 pm)
Why Nebraska Medicine:
Provide nursing care and identified clinical support tasks within the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) scope of practice for achievement of the patient's plan of care in conjunction with the registered nurse and/or medical staff.
* Graduate from an accredited school/college of nursing required.
* Demonstrate effective communication skills required.
* Ability to demonstrate initiative, teamwork and flexibility required.
* Currently licensed as a practical nurse in the state of Nebraska or current compact state license required.
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required, must be from an American Heart Association (AHA) endorsed program (effective for new hires starting January 1, 2023 or later).
Candidate must present completion of IV therapy 8- hour didactic course if graduated prior to May 1, 2016
* Experience in a physician's office preferred. Experience in setting related to clinic setting preferred.
* Proficiency in secondary language preferred.
* Participate in performance improvement activities preferred.
Recruiter Contact Information:
Nebraska Medicine is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and protected veterans' status.
|Date Posted||March 18, 2023|
|Date Closes||April 2, 2023|
|Address||Buffett Cancer Center|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
Deerfield - Expediter/Prep Cook - Part time Sunday Brunch shift