Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Shift:First Shift (United States of America)
Nurse - Wound & Ostomy Clinic
The Wound and Ostomy Clinic is an exciting, rapidly growing department within Nebraska Medicine. Currently, we have one location on main campus that we offer access and extraordinary care to our patients. Our department is a fast-paced, patient-centered specialty that our specialists have unmatched expertise to treat chronic and complex wounds.
As a Staff Nurse working in our clinic, you will have the opportunity to work alongside a highly skilled multi-disciplinary team of RNs, Vascular and Plastics APRNs and physicians as well as provide direct clinical care to a variety of Wound patients, which includes some of the following:
Ostomy Pre-Op Markings
Wound Vac application/Management
Diabetic Nail Care
Why should you choose to apply for this position? The best care starts with seeing the best team!
We are innovators in ushering in the latest Wound treatments and procedures. This means, as a Staff RN, you will have access and opportunity to learn about the newest and most cutting-edge treatment options for your patients.
Does this sound like what you have been missing in your career? Please apply to find out more about joining the Nebraska Medicine Wound and Ostomy Clinic!
Monday - Friday
0.6 FTE, 48 hours per pay period
Certified Wound Ostomy Nurse (CWON) Preferred
Work with a multi-disciplinary team of Vascular and Plastics providers and physicians
Provide direct clinic care to Wound patients with oversight from providers and physicians in clinic
If you have questions about applying for the Nurse - Wound & Ostomy Clinic role you can contact the recruiter, Kory Kidd, by emailing him at email@example.com
Why Nebraska Medicine:
Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution, PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research, and extraordinary patient care
Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of America's Top Employers and the Best Employer in Nebraska
Duties: Nurse - Wound & Ostomy Clinic
Provide, prescribe, delegate, and coordinate nursing care with other health care providers to meet holistic care needs of a designated group of patients. Environment of care may be long term, emergent, critical, acute, interventional, or procedural driven.
Required Qualifications: Nurse - Wound & Ostomy Clinic
* Bachelor's degree in nursing (BSN) required unless candidate meets all of the factors to qualify for Exception A or Exception B*.
* Effective communication skills required.
* Ability to demonstrate initiative, teamwork and flexibility required.
* Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Nebraska or current compact state license required.
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required, must be from an American Heart Association (AHA) endorsed program (effective for new hires starting January 1, 2023 or later).
* Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) department dependent required.
EXCEPTION A: Candidate must meet all of the following: (1) has current experience directly applicable to position; (2) is deemed the best candidate for the position; and (3) written approval to hire a candidate without a BSN is received from the hiring Director, Nursing Practice Professional Development & Informatics Executive Director and Chief Nursing Officer. If a candidate is hired without a BSN after meeting these criteria, the candidate must either have 30 years of experience directly applicable to the position Master's of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree preferred. 1 or sign a written agreement consenting to obtain a BSN within four years from his/her hire date.
EXCEPTION B: Candidate must meet all of the following: (1) is currently employed by Nebraska Medicine, or is eligible for rehire into a benefit eligible employment status at Nebraska Medicine within 364 days of the previous termination date; (2) hired by Nebraska Medicine before November 21, 2014, or hired by an entity acquired by Nebraska Medicine if the employee was hired before the acquisition; (3) has experience directly applicable to position; and (4) currently hold a Registered Nursing License.
Preferred Qualifications: Nurse - Wound & Ostomy Clinic
* Direct patient care experience preferred.
* Based on position, prior experience in one or more of the following areas including cardiology, cardiac drip management, critical care, emergency department, medical-surgical, obstetrics, cardiovascular rehabilitation, telemetry, oncology, neonatal intensive care, pediatric acute care, solid organ transplant, Cath lab, EP lab, quality assurance related to health care, perioperative and special procedures in applicable nursing specialty area preferred.
* Master's of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree preferred.
* Based on position, one or more of the following courses including STABLE, smoking cessation counseling, basic critical care, or other specialty training courses preferred.
* Experience with Microsoft Office applications including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel preferred.
* Proficient with use of email applications preferred.
* Proficient with use of departmental equipment and systems such as patient care equipment, telecommunication systems, information systems, pneumatic tube system, general patient care supplies, and transport equipment preferred.
Nebraska Medicine is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and protected veterans' status.
|Date Posted||February 4, 2023|
|Date Closes||February 19, 2023|
|Address||University Twr - Unit I|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|