Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Shift:Third Shift (United States of America)
Patient Access Senior Associate - Bellevue - Nights
Thursdays - 7pm - 11pm
Wednesdays, Fridays & Saturdays - 6:30pm - 7am
***Training is full time days for 4 weeks
Why Nebraska Medicine:
Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
Ensure patients and customers are greeted in a professional, timely and efficient manner and accounts are created accurately and efficiently in order to optimize cash flow for organization while exceeding customer expectations and complying with all state and federal regulations and laws throughout the processes of scheduling confirmation, pre-registration/pre admission, registration/admission, insurance verification, receipting of payments, and patient way finding/escorting. Coverage for position is required 24 hours a day 7 days a week with needs in various areas of the organization, including the emergency department. Face to face and bedside patient contact required.
* Minimum of two years customer service experience required.
* High school education or equivalent required.
* Ability to work in a proactive self-directed manner required.
* Multi-tasking and problem solving abilities required.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
* Strong communication and organizational skills with aptitude for detail-oriented work required.
* Demonstrates the ability to form and maintain working relationships within the organization to foster a team environment required.
* Ability to type 35 wpm with 95% accuracy rating required.
*Basic Life Support (BLS) certification within six months of hire or transfer date required required, must be from an American Heart Association (AHA) endorsed program (effective for new hires starting January 1, 2023 or later).
Basic Life Support (BLS) within six months of hire or transfer date required (cost will be funded by department).
* Experience in health care, collections, registration, or revenue cycle preferred.
* Associate's degree in business, healthcare or related field preferred.
* Experience in health care revenue cycle functions including insurance or registration preferred.
* Experience with Microsoft Office products, specifically Word and Excel preferred.
* Depending on the position available, fluency in Spanish preferred.
Nebraska Medicine is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and protected veterans' status.
|Date Posted||February 4, 2023|
|Date Closes||February 19, 2023|
|Address||Bellevue Medical Center|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
This job is related other jobs in these career categories