Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
RN - Neurosciences
ASK YOUR RECRUITER ABOUT:
The Neurosciences Specialty Unit has built a culture that is centered around the value of Teamwork. The staff on this unit developed the unit motto of "On this team, success is measured by the success of those around us".
Nebraska Medicine is nationally recognized for its expertise in Neurology and Neurosurgery, serving as the state's only certified comprehensive stroke center. The Neurosciences Specialty Unit offers a unique opportunity to care for patients with a variety of neurological conditions such as strokes, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson's disease, Huntington's disease, ALS, vascular malformations, and aneurysms. The 48-bed Neurosciences Specialty Unit encompasses an 8-bed epilepsy monitoring unit specializing in electroencephalogram (EEG) monitoring. As a member of our multidisciplinary team, you will play an integral part in our commitment to advancing the care of neurological patient in not only the Omaha region but nationwide.
Full time - Days and night available.
7:00am -7:30am or 7:00pm-7:30pm
Why Nebraska Medicine:
Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
* Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution, PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
* Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research, and extraordinary patient care
* Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of America's Top Employers and the Best Employer in Nebraska
Provide, prescribe, delegate, and coordinate nursing care with other health care providers to meet holistic care needs of a designated group of patients. Environment of care may be long term, emergent, critical, acute, interventional, or procedural driven.
* Bachelor's degree in nursing (BSN) required unless candidate meets all of the factors to qualify for Exception A or Exception B*.
* Effective communication skills required.
* Ability to demonstrate initiative, teamwork and flexibility required.
* Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Nebraska or current compact state license required.
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required, must be from an American Heart Association (AHA) endorsed program (effective for new hires starting January 1, 2023 or later).
* Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification department dependent required.
* For Emergency Department, Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification within 6 months of hire or transfer date required.
* Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification within 6 months of hire or transfer date department dependent required.
* Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC) OR Advanced Trauma Care for Nurses (ATCN) within one year or hire or transfer date department dependent required.
EXCEPTION A: Candidate must meet all of the following: (1) has current experience directly applicable to position; (2) is deemed the best candidate for the position; and (3) written approval to hire a candidate without a BSN is received from the hiring Director, Nursing Practice Professional Development & Informatics Executive Director and Chief Nursing Officer. If a candidate is hired without a BSN after meeting these criteria, the candidate must either have 30 years of experience directly applicable to the position or sign a written agreement consenting to obtain a BSN within four years from his/her hire date.
EXCEPTION B: Candidate must meet all of the following: (1) is currently employed by Nebraska Medicine, or is eligible for rehire into a benefit eligible employment status at Nebraska Medicine within 364 days of the previous termination date; (2) hired by Nebraska Medicine before November 21, 2014, or hired by an entity acquired by Nebraska Medicine if the employee was hired before the acquisition; (3) has experience directly applicable to position; and (4) currently hold a Registered Nursing License.
* Direct patient care experience preferred.
* Based on position, prior experience in one or more of the following areas including cardiology, cardiac drip management, critical care, emergency department, medical-surgical, obstetrics, cardiovascular rehabilitation, telemetry, oncology, neonatal intensive care, pediatric acute care, solid organ transplant, cath lab, EP lab, quality assurance related to health care, perioperative and special procedures in applicable nursing specialty area preferred.
* Master's of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree preferred.
* Based on position, one or more of the following courses including STABLE, smoking cessation counseling, basic critical care, or other specialty training courses preferred.
* Experience with Microsoft Office applications including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel preferred.
* Proficient with use of email applications preferred.
* Proficient with use of departmental equipment and systems such as patient care equipment, telecommunication systems, information systems, pneumatic tube system, general patient care supplies, and transport equipment preferred.
Nebraska Medicine is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and protected veterans' status.
|Date Posted||January 31, 2023|
|Date Closes||February 15, 2023|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|