Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Shift:First Shift (United States of America)
Why Nebraska Medicine:
Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
Monday - Friday; 1st Shift
Ensure timely submission of accurate claims data, and timely and accurate account follow-up (including adjustment claims, reconsiderations, and adjustment requests) to facilitate prompt and accurate payment from third-party payers and others. Perform daily reconciliation of claim submission, reject processing within 24 hours and working with external departments as needed to resolve claim issues prior to submission. Make decisions to ensure account accuracy, limited denials, and timely billing of the patient, primary, secondary, and tertiary payers.
* High school education or equivalent required.
* Minimum of two years post-secondary education with coursework in business, medical assistant program or nursing assistant program OR an equivalent combination of education/experience in accounts receivable or healthcare billing (one year of education equals one year of experience) required.
* Multi-tasking and problem-solving abilities required.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
* Strong organizational skills with an aptitude for detail-oriented work required.
* Experience in use of Microsoft products, specifically Word and Excel required.
* Ability to type a minimum of 30 words per minute with 95% accuracy required.
* Prior experience in healthcare billing and collections preferred.
* Associate's degree in business administration OR college level business coursework preferred.
* Knowledge of Correct Coding Initiative (CCI), Outpatient Code Editor (OCE), National Coverage Determinations (NCD), and Local Coverage Determinations (LCD) edits preferred.
* Knowledge of third party payer edits preferred.
* Working knowledge of medical terminology including International Classification of Diseases (ICD), Current Procedural Terminology (CPT), and Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) coding preferred.
* Knowledge of databases and flowcharting processes preferred.
Nebraska Medicine is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and protected veterans' status.
|Date Posted||January 29, 2023|
|Date Closes||February 13, 2023|
|Address||East Campus Corp Pavilion|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|