Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Shift:First Shift (United States of America)
Lead Clinic Nurse - Transplant Program
Monday - Friday
8am - 5pm
Why Nebraska Medicine:
Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
Responsible and accountable for delegating and coordinating nursing care with other staff and health care providers to meet the needs of patients. Ensure patient needs are being met at all levels of care. Problem solve and expedite communication with other health care providers to ensure optimal patient outcome.
* Minimum of two years experience in a clinical setting required.
* Bachelor's degree in nursing (BSN) required unless candidate meets all of the factors to qualify for Exception A or Exception B*.
* *Exception details: EXCEPTION A: Candidate must meet all of the following: (1) has current experience directly applicable to position; (2) is deemed the best candidate for the position; and (3) written approval to hire a candidate without a BSN is received from the hiring Director, Nursing Practice Professional Development & Informatics Executive Director and Chief Nursing Officer.
* If a candidate is hired without a BSN after meeting these criteria, the candidate must either have 30 years of experience directly applicable to the position or sign a written agreement consenting to obtain a BSN within four years from his/her hire date.
* EXCEPTION B: Candidate must meet all of the following: (1) is currently employed by Nebraska Medicine, or is eligible for rehire into a benefit eligible employment status at Nebraska Medicine within 364 days of the previous termination date; (2) hired by Nebraska Medicine before November 21, 2014, or hired by an entity acquired by Nebraska Medicine if the employee was hired before the acquisition; (3) has experience directly applicable to position; and (4) currently hold a Registered Nursing License.
* Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication required.
* Ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively with colleagues required.
* Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Nebraska or current compact state required.
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification endorsed by the American Heart Association (AHA) required.
* Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) department dependent required.
* Prior med spa, outpatient/physician office, or health care related area preferred based on position.
* Prior experience in a management/leadership position preferred.
* Master's of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree preferred.
* Ability to speak, read and write Spanish and English in some clinic settings preferred.
* Knowledge of health care financial environment and reimbursement systems preferred.
* Experience with typical office equipment (e.g., computer) preferred.
* Effective critical thinking and analytical skills preferred.
* Ability to prioritize and make independent clinical judgments preferred.
* Leadership skills preferred.
* Ability to accomplish multiple tasks and prioritize activities preferred.
* Ability to problem solve with a well-defined approach preferred.
Nebraska Medicine is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and protected veterans' status.
|Date Posted||January 24, 2023|
|Date Closes||February 8, 2023|
|Address||Lied Transplant Center|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
This job is related other jobs in these career categories