Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Shift:First Shift (United States of America)
Sonographer - Cardiac and/or Vascular - Part Time
Nebraska Medicine is now taking applications for a talented individual to join us as a Sonographer focused on both Cardiac and Vascular sonography!
Sonographer - Cardiac and Vascular Position Highlights:
The Nebraska Medicine Cardiovascular Imaging team is devoted to diagnosing, treating, and managing the circulatory system disease with the most advanced medical equipment, procedures, and nationally recognized expertise. As the regional leader, we use a collaborative approach to care bringing together experienced specialists from cardiology, interventional radiology, vascular surgery, neurosurgery, and cardiothoracic surgery who have one goal in mind: treating and healing patients.
A single modality applicant (cardiac or vascular) would be considered with a qualified candidate based on experience and the demand of the position. Opportunity for cross training for a single modality candidate.
Prefer if candidates have 2 or more years of experience working in a hospital setting.
(Also known as: Cardiovascular Sonographer, Cardiac Vascular Ultrasound Tech, Registered Cardiac Vascular Technologist, ARDMS - RVT, RDCS, Cardiac Vascular Sonographer)
If you have questions about applying for the Sonographer - Cardiac and/or Vascular role or Incentive 2023 you can contact the recruiter, Kory Kidd, at email@example.com.
Why Nebraska Medicine:
As a Sonographer - Cardiac and Vascular at Nebraska Medicine, you will perform basic cardiac and vascular ultrasound procedures and acquire appropriate echocardiographic and/or vascular data to provide the highest quality of care for the organization's patients and medical staff.
Sonographer - Cardiac and Vascular Required Qualifications:
* High school education or equivalent required.
* Associate's degree OR equivalent combination of education/experience from an accredited cardiovascular ultrasound program performing all types of cardiovascular ultrasound in a health care environment combined (One year of education equals one year of experience) required.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills required.
* Self-motivated and able to work independently to accomplish tasks that require self-direction required.
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required, must be from an American Heart Association (AHA) endorsed program (effective for new hires starting January 1, 2023 or later).
* Registered in Vascular Technologist (RVT) and Registered Cardiac Ultrasound Tech (RDCS) with the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) OR registered in vascular and cardiac ultrasound as Registered Vascular Specialist (RVS) and Registered Cardiac Specialist (RCS) with the Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) within one year of transfer or hire required.
Sonographer - Cardiac and Vascular Preferred Qualifications:
* Associate's degree from an accredited cardiovascular ultrasound program performing all types of cardiovascular ultrasound in a health care environment preferred.
* Demonstrate ability to think deductively and make clinical decisions accordingly preferred.
* Experience with typical office equipment (e.g., telephone, fax machine, copy machine, calculator) preferred.
* Experience with ultrasound equipment, transducers, research computer systems, EPIC hospital information system, and digital echo-vascular storage system preferred.
* Demonstrate knowledge of principles and function of the cardiovascular system and vascular circulatory system, including physics and blood flow hemodynamics preferred.
Nebraska Medicine is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and protected veterans' status.
|Date Posted||January 23, 2023|
|Date Closes||February 7, 2023|
|Address||University Twr - Unit I|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|