Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Shift:Third Shift (United States of America)
Non-Invasive Cardio Tech/Telemetry
Why Nebraska Medicine:
Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
Utilize advanced arrhythmia recognition skills, holter scanning, perform adult and pediatric EKGs, specialty EKG, apply holter monitors and cardiac event recorders. Directly interact with patients, nurses, staff, and physicians. Transcribe test results into hospitals Electronic Health Record (HER).
* High school education or equivalent required.
* Minimum of six months arrhythmia recognition experience required
* Ability to work on call required.
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required, must be from an American Heart Association (AHA) endorsed program (effective for new hires starting January 1, 2023 or later).
* Certification in either Certified Cardiographic Technician (CCT) or Certified Rhythm Analysis Technician (CRAT) by Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) within 24 months of hire or transfer date required.
* Complete 16 continuing education units (CEU) every three years related to cardiac rhythm interpretation, EKGs, or cardiac devices post- certification and registry in electrocardiography by CCI required.
* Two years' experience in non-invasive cardiology preferred.
* Associate's degree with emphasis in cardiac anatomy and physiology or equivalent combination of education and/or experience working in non-invasive cardiology in an acute care setting preferred.
* College courses in physiology, anatomy, and/or related subjects preferred.
* Associate of Science degree preferred.
* Graduate of an accredited school of allied health/technology preferred.
* Knowledge of GE telemetry, MARS, and MUSE systems, EKG system and cart, cardiac event recorders, and holter monitors preferred.
* Advanced arrhythmia recognition and basic 12 lead EKG interpretation preferred.
* Demonstrated knowledge to recognize arrhythmia and abnormalities on ECG preferred.
Nebraska Medicine is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and protected veterans' status.
|Date Posted||January 17, 2023|
|Date Closes||February 1, 2023|
|Address||University Twr - Unit II|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|