Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
A day in the life of a phlebotomist.
ASK YOUR RECRUITER ABOUT:
Phlebotomist for Inpatient, Outpatient and/or ED available!
Why Nebraska Medicine:
Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution, PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care
Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of American's top employers and the best employer in Nebraska
Responsible for collection and transportation of patient specimens for clinical laboratory testing adhering to department identification policies. Perform, evaluate, and report patient specimens using point-of-care instrumentation. Demonstrate behavioral skills that contribute to a productive work environment, represent the lab in a professional manner, and provide excellent customer service. May process and distribute patient specimen for clinical laboratory testing.
* Minimum of 18 years of age required.
* High school education or equivalent required.
* Effective written and oral communication skills required.
* Ability to demonstrate initiative, teamwork, and flexibility required.
* Computer experience required.
* Attention to detail required.
* Ability to multitask required.
* Knowledge of medical terminology required.
* Direct patient care experience or completion of a phlebotomy course or phlebotomy experience preferred.
* Phlebotomy certification PBT (ASCP) preferred.
Nebraska Medicine is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and protected veterans' status.
|Date Posted||December 4, 2022|
|Date Closes||December 19, 2022|
|Address||University Twr - Unit I|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
This job is related other jobs in these career categories