Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Critical Care Staff Nurse-Neuroscience ICU
ASK YOUR RECRUITER ABOUT:
The Neuroscience Intensive Care Unit offers a unique opportunity to provide intensive care to adult patients who have suffered neurological and neurosurgical emergencies such as ischemic strokes, hemorrhagic strokes, epilepsy, brain tumors, and cerebral aneurysms. Be a part of life changing care in this 20 bed unit where you will collaborate with an interprofessional team to provide care for patients that come from around the globe seeking world renown care at Nebraska Medicine. Patient to nurse ratios vary depending on patient acuity but typically range between 2-3:1.
(also known as Registered Nurse, Nurse, RN, Staff Nurse, NSICU)
Days or Nights (7:00-7:30)
Full time or Part time
Why Nebraska Medicine:
Provide, prescribe, delegate, and coordinate nursing care with other health care providers to meet holistic care needs of a designated group of patients. Environment of care may be long term, emergent, critical, acute, interventional, or procedural driven.
* Bachelor's degree in nursing (BSN) required unless candidate meets all of the factors to qualify for Exception A or Exception B*.
* Effective communication skills required.
* Ability to demonstrate initiative, teamwork and flexibility required.
* Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Nebraska or current compact state license required.
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
* Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification department dependent required.
* For Emergency Department, Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification within 6 months of hire or transfer date required.
* Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification within 6 months of hire or transfer date department dependent required.
* Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC) OR Advanced Trauma Care for Nurses (ATCN) within one year or hire or transfer date department dependent required.
EXCEPTION A: Candidate must meet all of the following: (1) has current experience directly applicable to position; (2) is deemed the best candidate for the position; and (3) written approval to hire a candidate without a BSN is received from the hiring Director, Nursing Practice Professional Development & Informatics Executive Director and Chief Nursing Officer. If a candidate is hired without a BSN after meeting these criteria, the candidate must either have 30 years of experience directly applicable to the position or sign a written agreement consenting to obtain a BSN within four years from his/her hire date.
EXCEPTION B: Candidate must meet all of the following: (1) is currently employed by Nebraska Medicine, or is eligible for rehire into a benefit eligible employment status at Nebraska Medicine within 364 days of the previous termination date; (2) hired by Nebraska Medicine before November 21, 2014, or hired by an entity acquired by Nebraska Medicine if the employee was hired before the acquisition; (3) has experience directly applicable to position; and (4) currently hold a Registered Nursing License.
* Direct patient care experience preferred.
* Based on position, prior experience in one or more of the following areas including cardiology, cardiac drip management, critical care, emergency department, medical-surgical, obstetrics, cardiovascular rehabilitation, telemetry, oncology, neonatal intensive care, pediatric acute care, solid organ transplant, cath lab, EP lab, quality assurance related to health care, perioperative and special procedures in applicable nursing specialty area preferred.
* Master's of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree preferred.
* Based on position, one or more of the following courses including STABLE, smoking cessation counseling, basic critical care, or other specialty training courses preferred.
* Experience with Microsoft Office applications including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel preferred.
* Proficient with use of email applications preferred.
* Proficient with use of departmental equipment and systems such as patient care equipment, telecommunication systems, information systems, pneumatic tube system, general patient care supplies, and transport equipment preferred.
Recruiter Contact Information:
Nebraska Medicine is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and protected veterans' status.
|Date Posted||November 25, 2022|
|Date Closes||December 10, 2022|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|