Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Third Shift (United States of America)
Registered Nurse - Emergency Services
(Also known as RN, Staff Nurse)
** ELIGIBLE UP TO $10,000 SIGN ON BONUS**
Ask Recruiter about "No Strings Attached" Student Loan Assistance
ASK YOUR RECRUITER ABOUT:
Nebraska Medicine nurses lead the world in innovative and collaborative patient care with the highest compassion and expertise. Working in the Emergency Department is an excellent opportunity to challenge yourself by being a part of an energetic and fast paced environment providing care to over 64,000 patients annually. We are proud to have received recognition for high standards as a Level 1 Trauma Center, Comprehensive Stroke Center, Chest Pain Center, Heart Failure Center, and Transplant Center. Nebraska Medicine where "Serious Medicine, Extraordinary Care" is at the heart of our commitment to our patients. We constantly strive to lead best practices and demonstrate excellence in all we do.
(also known as Registered Nurse, RN, Nurse)
ER RN Job Preview: Click Here
Nights (primary shift is 7pm - 7:30 am) also required to work weekend, rotating holiday's, call, and occasional backup on secondary shift
Why Nebraska Medicine:
Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
- Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution, PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
- Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care
- Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of American's top employers and the best employer in Nebraska
Provide, prescribe, delegate, and coordinate nursing care with other health care providers to meet holistic care needs of a designated group of patients. Environment of care may be long term, emergent, critical, acute, interventional, or procedural driven.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing (BSN) required unless candidate meets all of the factors to qualify for Exception A or Exception B*.
- Effective communication skills required.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, teamwork and flexibility required.
- Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Nebraska or current compact state license required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) department dependent required.
- EXCEPTION A: Candidate must meet all of the following: (1) has current experience directly applicable to position; (2) is deemed the best candidate for the position; and (3) written approval to hire a candidate without a BSN is received from the hiring Director, Nursing Practice Professional Development & Informatics Executive Director and Chief Nursing Officer. If a candidate is hired without a BSN after meeting these criteria, the candidate must either have 30 years of experience directly applicable to the position Master's of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree preferred. 1 or sign a written agreement consenting to obtain a BSN within four years from his/her hire date.
- EXCEPTION B: Candidate must meet all of the following: (1) is currently employed by Nebraska Medicine, or is eligible for rehire into a benefit eligible employment status at Nebraska Medicine within 364 days of the previous termination date; (2) hired by Nebraska Medicine before November 21, 2014, or hired by an entity acquired by Nebraska Medicine if the employee was hired before the acquisition; (3) has experience directly applicable to position; and (4) currently hold a Registered Nursing License.
- Direct patient care experience preferred.
- Based on position, prior experience in one or more of the following areas including cardiology, cardiac drip management, critical care, emergency department, medical-surgical, obstetrics, cardiovascular rehabilitation, telemetry, oncology, neonatal intensive care, pediatric acute care, solid organ transplant, cath lab, EP lab, quality assurance related to health care, perioperative and special procedures in applicable nursing specialty area preferred.
- Master's of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree preferred.
- Based on position, one or more of the following courses including STABLE, smoking cessation counseling, basic critical care, or other specialty training courses preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel preferred.
- Proficient with use of email applications preferred.
- Proficient with use of departmental equipment and systems such as patient care equipment, telecommunication systems, information systems, pneumatic tube system, general patient care supplies, and transport equipment preferred
Nebraska Medicine is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and protected veterans' status.