Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:First Shift (United States of America)
Make a difference as a specialized Invasive Cardio Technologist in the Cath Lab with Nebraska Medicine!
This position offers a unique opportunity to work on a dynamic team that participates in the care of patients undergoing cardiovascular diagnostic and interventional procedures. Some of these procedures include routine, diagnostic heart caths to interventional procedures including STEMI. Other procedures include cardiac biopsies to structural procedures including TAVR and Watchman.
Utilize departmental resources (e.g., personnel, supplies, and capital equipment) to ensure timely and accurate diagnostic and interventional procedures in the cardiac cath lab at the lowest possible risk and cost to the patient. Assure that provided services meet cultural and age related needs of the patient population served.
* Degree from an accredited school of allied health/cardiovascular technology required.
* Knowledge of proper body mechanics required.
* Demonstrate effective communication skills required.
* Ability to demonstrate initiative, teamwork and flexibility required.
* Current Nebraska State Medical Radiographer license required.
* Radiologic Technologist (RT) registration and ARRT licensure or Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS) within 6 months of hire or transfer date required.
* Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS) certification upon completion of unit orientation required.
* Clinical experience in interventional radiology, internship completion in radiology, or cardiac cath lab experience preferred.
* Experience as scrub assistant and operator of imaging equipment in cath/EP lab preferred.
* Experience in patient monitoring and procedure documentation in cath/EP lab or experience with working in a high volume angiography department preferred.
* Radiology internship with interventional radiology lab or cardiac cath lab preferred.
* Certification by the ARRT in cardiovascular interventional technology preferred.
Nebraska Medicine is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and protected veterans' status.
|Date Posted||October 1, 2022|
|Date Closes||October 16, 2022|
|Address||University Twr - Unit IV|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|