Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:First Shift (United States of America)
Under supervision of licensed clinical staff, help determine patient's psycho-social needs, and collaborate with other members of the patient's health care team to reduce symptomatic behavior and facilitate adjustment to illness, including assisting in meeting the social, psychological, rehabilitative, protective, financial, and discharge planning needs of patients requiring continuing care or adjustment to lifestyle changes following discharge.
* Master's degree from an accredited college in a human services program which provided preparation for professional counseling/psychotherapy required.
* Organizational and communication skills required.
* License-eligible as a LMHP/PLMHP in the State of Nebraska, and must obtain LMHP/PLMHP privileges at Nebraska Medicine within 6 months of transfer or hire required.
* Obtain NMC Privileges as a Licensed Mental Health Practitioner (LMHP) within six months of transfer or hire required.
* Two years of professional therapy/counseling and mental health care experience preferred.
* Experience in acute psychiatric setting preferred.
* Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW) preferred.
* Master of Social Work degree preferred.
* Licensed Independent Mental Health Practitioner (LIMHP) preferred
Nebraska Medicine is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and protected veterans' status.