Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:Third Shift (United States of America)
Ask your recruiter about a hiring bonus!
Responsible for patient care assessment, critical thinking and advanced knowledge of evidence-based clinical practice guidelines. Develop and implements effective patient care, treatment, and cardiopulmonary disease management plans. Provides routine and complex respiratory therapy procedures in areas such as emergent, acute, surgical, chronic or long term care settings for a variety of patient populations.
Part-Time, 24 hours/Week
Why Nebraska Medicine:
Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
* High school education or equivalent required.
* Graduation from an American Medical Association (AMA) approved respiratory care program with an associate's degree required or equivalent education completed meeting certification and licensure requirements.
* Demonstrate effective communication skills required.
* Ability to demonstrate initiative, teamwork, and flexibility required.
* Licensed Respiratory Care Practitioner (LRCP) from the State of Nebraska required. Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) credential by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) required.
* Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) credential by the NBRC within 6 months of hire is required.
* American Heart Association - Basic Life Support (BLS) required.
*Dependent on position and/or department location, the American Heart Association Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Advance Life Support (PALS) and Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) upon completion of unit orientation may be required.
* Direct patient care experience preferred.
* Based on position, prior experience in respiratory acute or intensive care preferred.
* Bachelor's degree preferred.
* Based on position, one or more of the following: laboratory analyzing devices, complex monitoring devices, specialized gas therapy, arterial line insertion, assist or performing intubations, assist or performing diagnostic procedures, ground and/or flight transport training preferred.
* Based on position, the ability to demonstrate competence with all ages preferred.
* Experience with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook Email preferred.
* Proficient use of departmental and patient care equipment and supplies preferred.
* Proficient in telecommunication and electronic health record systems preferred.
* Based on position, the ability to maintain 24 hour accountability (on-call) preferred.
Nebraska Medicine is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and protected veterans' status.
|Date Posted||September 22, 2022|
|Date Closes||October 7, 2022|
|Address||Bellevue Medical Center|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
Personal Banker( $20hr plus bonus and benefits!)- Iris Boulder Branch, Boulder CO