Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:First Shift (United States of America)
M - F 8:15am - 5:30pm
(Optional: 4.5 day work week)
Why Nebraska Medicine:
Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
Complete complex scheduling of multiple appointments for one patient's appointment and/or services on campus, clerical support relating to scheduling and/or coordination of various services and surgical procedures within the organization. Assists patients, staff and physicians, following established scheduling standards and procedures. Scheduling of services may involve coordination of the patient's clinic appointment, procedural and/or diagnostic services to support the health care providers in providing patient care services and unit operational activities, with upholding the expectations of extraordinary care, mission statement and patient satisfaction. Facilitate internal and external referrals, ensuring patient attended appointment and referring provider has received consult notes as appropriate.
* High school education or equivalent required.
* Minimum of one year post-secondary education with coursework in business, medical assistant program or nursing assistant program OR equivalent combination of education/experience in customer service or medical scheduling related capacity (one year of education equals one year of experience) required.
* Demonstrated analytical, prioritizing and organizational skills required.
* Ability to work in a proactive self-directed manner required.
* Ability to function in a manner that promotes efficiency and confidence required.
* Demonstrated flexibility and dedication to team environment required.
* Effective communication skills required.
* Demonstrated ability to provide a high level of customer service to physicians, patients and other internal/external customers required.
* Experience in a healthcare environment with working knowledge of scheduling or registration systems preferred.
* Clinical background in assigned area preferred.
* College coursework in business preferred.
* Medical Assistant or Nursing Assistant preferred.
* Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
* Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel preferred.
* Experience with electronic health records, Epic preferred.
Nebraska Medicine is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and protected veterans' status.
|Date Posted||September 21, 2022|
|Date Closes||October 6, 2022|
|Address||Buffett Cancer Center|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
This job is related other jobs in these career categories