Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:First Shift (United States of America)
Interventional Radiology Technologist - Part Time
Nebraska Medicine is now taking applications for a talented individual to join us as an Interventional Radiology Technologist. This role will be great for someone that has a passion for IR and great customer service for our patients we serve. This position will work in Omaha, NE.
(Also known as: Interventional Rad Tech, IR Tech, CV, VI, ARRT, Neuro Tech, Rad Tech)
Nebraska Medicine's Interventional Radiology department offers radiology technologists the opportunity to work with innovative equipment and software, while providing care to unique patients from around the world. Working in the IR department is an excellent opportunity to expand your skills by being part of an energetic and fast-paced environment providing care to thousands of patients annually. We are proud to be part of an organization that has received recognition for high standards as a Level 1 Trauma Center, Comprehensive Stroke Center, Heart Failure Center, and Transplant Center. We are constantly working to provide the best images and provide excellence in all we do.
If you have questions about applying for the Interventional Radiology Technologist role you can contact the recruiter, Kory Kidd, at email@example.com
Why Nebraska Medicine: Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage, and Healing.
Duties: Interventional Radiology Technologist
Utilize departmental resources (e.g., personnel, supplies, and capital equipment) to ensure timely and accurate diagnostic and therapeutic exams in the department at the lowest possible risk and cost to the patient. Assure that services provided meet cultural and age-related needs of the patient population served.
Required Qualifications: Interventional Radiology Technologist
* Completion of VI Program or a minimum one year experience as a diagnostic radiologic technologist required.
* Completion of a Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT) accredited program in radiology required.
* Ability to competently deal with patient and family in all age groups required.
* Ability to serve patients in a hospital environment required.
* Proficiency with personal computers required.
* Knowledge of the proper application of sterile technique (OSHA standards) required.
* Current Registered Technologist (RT), radiography (R) American Registry Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) registration required.
* Current Nebraska state medical radiographer license required.
* Basic Life Support certification (BLS) required.
Preferred Qualifications: Interventional Radiology Technologist
* Prior experience in a diagnostic radiology department or related experience is preferred.
* Experience with working in a high volume angiography department preferred.
* Proficient with vascular /neuro imaging equipment in the special procedures labs preferred.
* Experience with technical equipment including ionizing radiation angio machines and generators, digital computer acquisition devices, post-processing software, laser and paper printers, high-pressure contrast injectors, and all post processing equipment preferred.
* Proficiency with invasive ultrasound, non-invasive ultrasound and peripheral doppler procedures preferred.
* Familiarity with the location, compatibility, and proper usage of over 1400 diagnostic and therapeutic medical/surgical supplies (e.g., trays, needles, catheters, guide wires, endoprosthetic devices, and other implantable medical devices) preferred.
* Proficiency with physiology monitors (e.g., invasive and non-invasive blood pressure, EKG, pulse oximetry) preferred.
* Experience with typical office equipment preferred.
* Certification by the American Registry Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) in Cardiovascular Intervention CVIT and/or Vascular Intervention (VI) preferred.
Nebraska Medicine is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and protected veterans' status.
|Date Posted||September 18, 2022|
|Date Closes||October 3, 2022|
|Address||Hixson Lied Center|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
This job is related other jobs in these career categories