Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:Third Shift (United States of America)
Staff Nurse/Registered Nurse - Heart and Vascular Unit
New Grads and Future Nursing New Grads are welcome to apply up to 6 months prior to graduation!
ASK YOUR RECRUITER ABOUT:
ADN > BSN Funded Sponsorship Program
Why Nebraska Medicine:
Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution, PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care
Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of American's top employers and the best employer in Nebraska
The Heart & Vascular Unit (7HVU) is a 49 private bed unit. It is considered a specialty medical/surgical unit that is fast paced and will provide growth in professional knowledge and expertise in the care delivery of our cardiovascular patients. The staff will care for specialty patients such as stable heart and lung transplants and Ventricular Assist Devices (LVADs). The Cardiac Vascular Unit is a sister unit to the Cardiac Care Unit.
All staff nurses will attend a Cardiology Fellowship Program to enhance their skill set and prepare them to become Cardiovascular Nurse Experts
Provide, prescribe, delegate, and coordinate nursing care with other health care providers to meet holistic care needs of a designated group of patients. Environment of care may be long term, emergent, critical, acute, interventional, or procedural driven.
* Bachelor's degree in nursing (BSN) required unless candidate meets all of the factors to qualify for Exception A or Exception B*.
* Effective communication skills required.
* Ability to demonstrate initiative, teamwork and flexibility required.
* Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Nebraska or current compact state license required.
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
* Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) department dependent required.
* Direct patient care experience preferred.
* Based on position, prior experience in one or more of the following areas including cardiology, cardiac drip management, critical care, emergency department, medical-surgical, obstetrics, cardiovascular rehabilitation, telemetry, oncology, neonatal intensive care, pediatric acute care, solid organ transplant, cath lab, EP lab, quality assurance related to health care, perioperative and special procedures in applicable nursing specialty area preferred.
* Master's of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree preferred.
* Based on position, one or more of the following courses including STABLE, smoking cessation counseling, basic critical care, or other specialty training courses preferred.
* Experience with Microsoft Office applications including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel preferred.
* Proficient with use of email applications preferred.
* Proficient with use of departmental equipment and systems such as patient care equipment, telecommunication systems, information systems, pneumatic tube system, general patient care supplies, and transport equipment preferred.
Nebraska Medicine is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and protected veterans' status.
|Date Posted||August 17, 2022|
|Date Closes||September 1, 2022|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|