Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
First Shift (United States of America)
Sr Facilities Technician
- Monday - Friday, 6:30am - 3:00pm
- Responsible for testing and inspection of various building life safety, critical branch, and utility systems in an academic medical center setting that includes all campus buildings and satellite buildings as assigned. Testing and inspections include, but are not limited to; battery lights, med gas, pressure control, fire alarm and suppression, and control valves.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Ability to communicate with campus customers and technicians required.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions required.
- Basic mechanical aptitude and ability to use power and hand tools required.
- Knowledge and application of a variety of city, state, and federal regulations required.
- Basic knowledge of building life safety code requirements required.
- Two years of fire and life safety system inspection and testing experience in a commercial environment or equivalent education preferred (One year of education equals one year of experience).
- One year of trade or vocational school preferred.
- Ability to perform basic testing and inspection of building life safety, critical branch, and utility systems preferred.
- Basic understanding of the operation of fire suppression, HVAC, and electrical systems preferred.
- Experience utilizing electronic audit and document storage software preferred.
- Basic knowledge of healthcare specific regulatory bodies and requirements including TJC, SFM, and CMS preferred.
Why Nebraska Medicine: Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
- Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution, PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
- Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care
- Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of American's top employers and the best employer in Nebraska
Nebraska Medicine is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and protected veterans' status.