Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:First Shift (United States of America)
Sr Scheduling Associate - Interventional Radiology
Monday - Friday
8am - 5pm
Why Nebraska Medicine:
Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
Provide complex clerical support relating to scheduling of various services and/or surgical procedures. Build surgery cases in OpTime for the operating rooms and other procedural areas as necessary. Assist patients, staff and physicians, following established scheduling standards and procedures. Scheduling of services involves coordination of the patient's clinic appointment, procedural and/or diagnostic services, equipment and staff needed for case, as appropriate, to support the health care providers in providing patient care services and unit operational activities. Provide administrative support as necessary to all team members in the surgeons clinic, operating room and procedural areas, as assigned. Facilitate internal and external referrals as required.
* High school education or equivalent required.
* Minimum of three years post-secondary education with coursework in business, medical assistant program or nursing assistant program OR equivalent combination of education/experience in customer service or medical scheduling related capacity (one year of education equals one year of experience) required.
* Successful completion of One Chart/OpTime training upon completion of unit orientation required.
* Multi-tasking and problem solving abilities required.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
* Strong communication and organizational skills with aptitude for detail-oriented work required.
* Demonstrates the ability to form and maintain working relationships within the organization to foster a team environment.
* Knowledge of medical terminology required.
* Demonstrated analytical, prioritizing and organizational skills required.
* Ability to work in a proactive self-directed manner required.
* Ability to function in a manner that promotes efficiency and confidence required.
* Effective communication skills required.
* Demonstrated ability to provide a high level of customer service to physicians, patients and other internal/external customers required.
* Experience in a healthcare environment with working knowledge of scheduling or registration systems preferred.
* Clinical background in assigned area preferred.
* Associates degree in business, healthcare or related field preferred.
* Medical Assistant or Nursing Assistant preferred.
* Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel preferred.
* Experience with electronic health records, Epic preferred.
Nebraska Medicine is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and protected veterans' status.
|Date Posted||August 1, 2022|
|Date Closes||August 16, 2022|
|Address||Hixson Lied Center|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
This job is related other jobs in these career categories