Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:First Shift (United States of America)
40 hrs/wk M-F
Shifts vary from 6:30 - 5:00, 6:45 - 5:15, 7:00 - 5:30 and 7:15 - 5:45.
Why Nebraska Medicine:
Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
Provide quality child care for the children of employees at Nebraska Medicine, UNMC, and community partners, ages six weeks through six years, which meets the needs of parents and fulfills the State of Nebraska mandated licensing requirements. Assist in the creation of age appropriate lesson plans, crafts and activities to enhance learning and development. Document and chart assigned children's daily activity, behavior, and food intake in accordance to department policies and federal standards.
* Minimum of 19 years of age required.
* Minimum of 1 year of child care or entry level healthcare experience required.
* Clearance with the State of Nebraska Central Registry of Child Abuse and Neglect required.
* Basic Life Support (BLS) / First Aid certification within three months of hire or transfer date required.
* Acquire 12 hours of in service annually required.
* Experience in a child care center with organized group activities preferred.
* Associate's degree, bachelor's degree, or Child Development Associate (CDA) certification preferred.
* Knowledge and experience in curriculum implementation and lesson planning preferred.
* Experience in positive interactions with age appropriate learning techniques preferred.
* Knowledge of the developmental stages of early childhood learning preferred.
* Completion of Safe With You: Safe Sleep for infants training program preferred.
* Completion of Safe With You: Power to Protect training program preferred.
Nebraska Medicine is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and protected veterans' status.
|Date Posted||July 3, 2022|
|Date Closes||July 18, 2022|
|Address||The Family Place|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
This job is related other jobs in these career categories