Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:First Shift (United States of America)
Clinic Nurse - Dermatology
Monday - Friday
8am - 5pm
Ask Your Recruiter About:
Dermatology is a fast-paced and rapidly-growing clinic that operates Monday through Friday with daytime hours; no weekends or holidays! The clinic staff is split into two teams: Surgical Dermatology and General Dermatology. Team members of our Surgical Dermatology Team can expect to help with skin cancer surgery (Mohs), lasers, cosmetic dermatology, varicose vein procedures and more! Mohs Surgery is a highly specialized surgical procedure that allows patients to leave the clinic cancer-free and reconstructed in the same day! Team members of our General Dermatology Team can expect to help patients with the most common (acne, psoriasis, eczema, hair loss) to the more rare or complex conditions (lupus, autoimmune blistering diseases, rare skin tumors) in a general dermatology clinic or one of our many specialty and multidisciplinary clinics, but can also assist with procedures such as biopsies and excisions. Our physicians are nationally and regionally recognized in dermatology and are, overall, amazing educators and leaders! Our clinical team, though big and ever-growing, takes pride in having a family feel, a culture of inclusion, and prioritizes biannual retreats. Our Dermatology Team is excited to bring on new staff looking for a fast-paced, challenging, and rewarding role in the specialized world of Dermatology!
Provide and coordinate delivery of clinical resources to assure safe, high quality patient care and ensure continuity of care. Perform duties in an environment of care where the needs of a patient are short term, non-acute, and non-life threatening.
* Bachelor's degree in nursing (BSN) required unless candidate meets all of the factors to qualify for Exception A or Exception B*.
* Demonstrated effective communication skills required.
* Ability to demonstrate initiative, teamwork, and flexibility required.
* Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Nebraska or current compact state license required.
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification endorsed by the American Heart Association (AHA) required.
* Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) department dependent required.
* Based on position, prior experience in patient nursing, specialty/primary care clinic and/or telephonics preferred.
* Master's of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree preferred.
* Experience with Microsoft Office applications including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel preferred.
* Proficient with use of email applications preferred.
* Experience with EPIC or other electronic medical records preferred.
EXCEPTION A: Candidate must meet all of the following: (1) has current experience directly applicable to position; (2) is deemed the best candidate for the position; and (3) written approval to hire a candidate without a BSN is received from the appropriate levels of operational leadership, nursing professional practice leadership and the Chief Nursing Officer. If a candidate is hired without a BSN after meeting these criteria, the candidate must either have 30 years of experience directly applicable to the position or sign a written agreement consenting to obtain a BSN within four years from his/her hire date.
EXCEPTION B: Candidate must meet all of the following: (1) is currently employed by Nebraska Medicine, or is eligible for rehire into a benefit eligible employment status at Nebraska Medicine within 364 days of the previous termination date; (2) hired by Nebraska Medicine before November 21, 2014, or hired by an entity acquired by Nebraska Medicine if the employee was hired before the acquisition; (3) has experience directly applicable to position; and (4) currently hold a Registered Nursing License.
Nebraska Medicine is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and protected veterans' status.
|Date Posted||July 3, 2022|
|Date Closes||July 18, 2022|
|Address||Lauritzen Outpatient Cntr|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|