Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:Third Shift (United States of America)
Sonographer - General - Full time
Nebraska Medicine is now taking applications for a talented individual to join us as a Sonographer - General. This role will be great for someone that has a passion for General Ultrasound and great customer service for our patients we serve. This specific position will work at our main campus location in Omaha, NE.
For a look into the Sonographer - General job at Nebraska Medicine, please view our "Job in a minute" video here: https://youtu.be/tMAg4SzHHdc
Our Sonographer - General role is currently offering a $5000 sign on bonus. If you have questions about the sign on bonus or applying for the Sonographer - General job role you can contact the recruiter, Kory Kidd, by either calling or texting 402-577-0701.
(Also known as: Sonographer, Medical Sonographer, Ultra Sonographer, or Ultrasound Technologist)
Full time, 40 hours/ Benefits eligible
Shift: Every Mon-Thurs, 8:30pm-7am
Main campus location
Why Nebraska Medicine:
Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution, PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research, and extraordinary patient care
Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of America's Top Employers and the Best Employer in Nebraska
Duties: Sonographer - General
Perform quality diagnostic medical sonograms under supervision to ensure accurate and appropriate imaging information for use in diagnosis and treatment. Effectively works to coordinate the required resources for diagnostic ultrasound service delivery, problem solves and expedites communication with other health care providers to ensure optimal patient outcomes and demonstrate active involvement in department operations and decision making by modeling effective work group processes and fiscal responsibility.
Required Qualifications: Sonographer - General
* Ability to competently manage patient/family of all age groups required.
* Completion of a Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Program (CAAHEP) accredited program in Diagnostic Medical Sonography, American Medical Association (AMA) approved school of ultrasonography, OR comparable work experience in the practice specialty of abdomen and OB/Gyn required.
* Proficient with computers/computer systems to include basic navigation and use of email applications required.
* Ability to communicate effectively required.
* Ability to multi-task required.
* Ability to deal with difficult or challenging customer interactions and escalate to management as appropriate, required.
* Ability to obtain American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) certification within one year of hire or transfer date required.
* Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification required.
Preferred Qualifications: Sonographer - General
* Experience in neurosonology and abdominal vascular ultrasound preferred.
* Bachelor of Science degree preferred.
* Current American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) certification preferred.
Nebraska Medicine is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and protected veterans' status.
|Date Posted||June 28, 2022|
|Date Closes||July 13, 2022|
|Address||University Twr - Unit I|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|