Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:First Shift (United States of America)
(Also known as Surg Tech, CST, Surgery Tech or OR Tech)
Shift: Days (7 am - 5:30 pm) On call responsibilities
Why Nebraska Medicine:
Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
Support the intraoperative nursing care of patients by performing scrub and related duties according to standards and policies. Promote efficient operation of the surgery center and provide assistance to physicians and support staff.
* High school education or equivalent required.
* Graduate of an accredited surgical technology program OR equivalent training/scrub experience with an accredited institution required.
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification (BLS with skills assessment or approved BLS) upon completion of unit orientation required.
* Prior experience as a surgical technologist or assistant preferred.
* Knowledge of various surgical instruments, equipment, and supplies/materials, all patient care equipment and supplies, policy, procedure, and protocol manuals, audio-visual, video, and microscopic equipment, computers, telecommunication equipment, and wall/ceiling and tanked medical gases preferred.
* For some clinical areas, the ability to speak, read, and write in English and Spanish may be preferred.
* Surgical technologist certification preferred.
Nebraska Medicine is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and protected veterans' status.
|Date Posted||June 28, 2022|
|Date Closes||July 13, 2022|
|Address||Bellevue Medical Center|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
This job is related other jobs in these career categories