Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:First Shift (United States of America)
Why Nebraska Medicine:
Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
Provide customer service through efficient processing of required information throughout the process of scheduling, pre-registration/pre-admission, and insurance verification in a timely, organized, courteous, and professional manner. Verify eligibility and benefits related to insurance coverage including co-pay requirements, deductibles, out of pocket, life time maximums, and obtain authorization and referral requirements on defined organizational accounts. Assist with pre-registration process for ambulatory clinics as required. Manage clinical escalation work queues serving as a resource for clinical related questions and completes urgent authorization requirements to facilitate timely administration of medically necessary services.
* Minimum of three years experience with accounts receivable, healthcare billing, and medical office required.
* High school education or equivalent required.
* Multi-tasking and problem solving abilities required.
* Knowledge of computer based programs such as Microsoft Excel and Word required.
* Working knowledge of medical terminology including Current Procedural Terminology (CPT), International Classification of Diseases (ICD) and Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) coding required.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
* Strong organizational skills with aptitude for detail oriented work required.
* Ability to type a minimum of 45 words per minute with 90% accuracy required.
* Prior experience in insurance OR medical office environment.
* Associate's degree in business administration or clinical focus preferred.
* Knowledge of Correct Coding Initiative (CCI), Outpatient Code Editor (OCE), National Coverage Determination (NCD), and Local Coverage Determination (LCD) edits preferred.
* Knowledge of third party payer edits preferred.
* Knowledge of databases and flowcharting processes preferred.
* Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) OR Certified Coder preferred.
Nebraska Medicine is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and protected veterans' status.
|Date Posted||May 24, 2022|
|Date Closes||June 8, 2022|
|Address||East Campus Corp Pavilion|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|