Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Patient Coord Senior Associate - Heart & Vascular Center
Monday - Friday
8am - 4:30pm; No weekends or holidays
Why Nebraska Medicine:
Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
Properly, professionally and sensitively obtain and handle medical records by communicating and coordinating with patients, physician offices, hospitals and other medical organizations/personnel in order to create accurate and sufficiently comprehensive patient charts. Coordinate patient referrals to designated clinical programs and services by being a part of and communicating with a team of people tasked with ensuring that patient appointments are timely, accurate and appropriate. Register and schedule patients in a customer service oriented, efficient and effective manner and in accordance with department guidelines. Complete complex scheduling of multiple appointments and/or services. Provide clerical support relating to scheduling and/or coordination of various services and surgical procedures within the organization. Provide administrative support as necessary to all team members in clinic, surgical and procedural areas, as assigned.
* Minimum of one year of experience in a healthcare customer service environment required.
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* Minimum of one year post-secondary education with coursework in business, medical assistant program or nursing assistant program OR equivalent combination of education/experience in customer service or medical scheduling related capacity (one year of education equals one year of experience) required.
* Demonstrated verbal and written customer relations skills required.
* Ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively with an interdisciplinary team required.
* Knowledge of medical terminology required.
* Demonstrated analytical, prioritizing and organizational skills required.
* Demonstrated ability to provide a high level of customer service to physicians, patients and other internal/external customers required.
* Experience in a healthcare environment with working knowledge of scheduling or healthcare record collection and registration systems preferred.
* Clinical background in assigned area preferred.
* Associates degree in business, healthcare or related field preferred.
* Medical Assistant or Nursing Assistant preferred.
* Previous experience with Microsoft office, data entry and electronic health records programs such as EPIC preferred.
* Currently licensed medical assistant, patient care technician or certified nursing assistant (CNA) certificate preferred.
Nebraska Medicine is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and protected veterans' status.
|Date Posted||May 14, 2022|
|Date Closes||May 29, 2022|
|Address||Durham Outpatient Center|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|