Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:First Shift (United States of America)
Medical Receptionist - Dermatology
Monday - Friday
8am - 5pm
Why Nebraska Medicine:
Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
Dermatology is a fast-paced and rapidly-growing clinic that operates Monday through Friday with daytime hours; no weekends or holidays! The clinic staff is split into two teams: Surgical Dermatology and General Dermatology. Team members of our Surgical Dermatology Team can expect to help with skin cancer surgery (Mohs), lasers, cosmetic dermatology, varicose vein procedures and more! Mohs Surgery is a highly specialized surgical procedure that allows patients to leave the clinic cancer-free and reconstructed in the same day! Team members of our General Dermatology Team can expect to help patients with the most common (acne, psoriasis, eczema, hair loss) to the more rare or complex conditions (lupus, autoimmune blistering diseases, rare skin tumors) in a general dermatology clinic or one of our many specialty and multidisciplinary clinics, but can also assist with procedures such as biopsies and excisions. Our physicians are nationally and regionally recognized in dermatology and are, overall, amazing educators and leaders! Our clinical team, though big and ever-growing, takes pride in having a family feel, a culture of inclusion, and prioritizes biannual retreats. Our Dermatology Team is excited to bring on new staff looking for a fast-paced, challenging, and rewarding role in the specialized world of Dermatology!
Are you customer-centric and have a passion for helping people? Want to work at a mission-driven organization with comprehensive benefits?
Nebraska Medicine is seeking friendly, organized individuals to serve as medical receptionists for its network of primary and specialty care clinics. We are committed to making a lasting impression with our patients, and out front desk staff play a vital role in our patients' experience. The ideal candidate would have a background in customer service (health care is a bonus, but not necessary), be an attentive listener and communicate with patients and health care team members in a positive manner. We're looking for someone who is dependable, welcoming and is a master of first impressions, as you'll be the first face that patients encounter as they arrive for their appointment.
Core Functions: Check patients in/out, schedule visits in person or via phone.
Serve as the first point of contact by greeting and welcoming patients and others, (in person, at the check-in desk, or via the telephone). Responsible for answering incoming calls in a professional manner, and/or checking in / out patients per established protocols. Responsible for scheduling patient appointments and registering patients.
* High school education or equivalent required.
* Minimum of one year post-secondary education with coursework in business, medical assistant program or nursing assistant program OR equivalent combination of education/experience in customer service or medical scheduling related capacity (one year of education equals one year of experience) required.
* Demonstrated ability to provide a high level of customer service to physicians, patients and other internal/external customers required.
* Ability to work professionally with physicians, clinic staff and patients in a timely, confidential manner required.
* Demonstrated analytical, prioritization and organizational skills required.
* Demonstrated flexibility and dedication to team environment required.
* Effective communication skills required.
* Experience in healthcare environment with working knowledge of medical office operations preferred.
* College coursework in business preferred.
* Nursing Assistant or Medical Assistant preferred.
* Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
* Experience with Microsoft Office, specifically Word and Excel preferred.
* Depending on the position available, fluency in Spanish preferred.
Nebraska Medicine is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and protected veterans' status.
|Date Posted||May 13, 2022|
|Date Closes||May 28, 2022|
|Address||Lauritzen Outpatient Cntr|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
This job is related other jobs in these career categories