Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:First Shift (United States of America)
ASK YOUR RECRUITER ABOUT:
Why Nebraska Medicine:
Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
Coordinate the required resources for patient care delivery. While on site, problem-solve and expedite communications with other health care providers to ensure optimal patient outcomes. Provide, delegate, and coordinate nursing care with other health care providers to meet holistic care needs of a designated group of patients. Ensure patient satisfaction and resolve issues in a timely manner. Additionally, coordinate, implement, and evaluate processes to meet the educational and competency needs of nursing team members through effective use of a variety of learning activities.
* Minimum of two years current clinical experience required.
* Bachelor's degree in nursing (BSN) required unless candidate meets all of the factors to qualify for Exception A or Exception B*.
* Ability to demonstrate effective communication skills required.
* Ability to instruct and collaborate with others required.
* Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Nebraska or current compact state license required.
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification endorsed by the American Heart Association (AHA) required.
* Magnet approved certification in related area preferred.
* Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) department dependent required.
* Experience leading/supervising a health care team, or in a related area preferred.
* Prior experience in a management/leadership position preferred.
* Based on position, prior experience in one or more of the following areas including cardiology, cardiac drip management, critical care, emergency department, medical-surgical, obstetrics, cardiovascular rehabilitation, telemetry, oncology, neonatal intensive care, pediatric acute care, solid organ transplant, cath lab, EP lab, quality assurance related to health care, perioperative and special procedures in applicable nursing specialty area preferred.
* Master's of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree preferred.
* Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint preferred.
* Ability to demonstrate initiative, teamwork and flexibility preferred.
* Ability to multi-task and work-through competing priorities preferred.
* Ability to solve complex problems through a well-ordered approach preferred.
* Ability to balance and prioritize diverse clinical and leadership responsibilities preferred.
* Ability to speak, read, and write Spanish and English in some clinic settings preferred.
EXCEPTION A: Candidate must meet all of the following: (1) has current experience directly applicable to position; (2) is deemed the best candidate for the position; and (3) written approval to hire a candidate without a BSN is received from the hiring Director, Nursing Practice Professional Development & Informatics Executive Director and Chief Nursing Officer. If a candidate is hired without a BSN after meeting these criteria, the candidate must either have 3 years of experience directly applicable to the position or sign a written agreement consenting to obtain a BSN within four years from his/her hire date.
EXCEPTION B: Candidate must meet all of the following: (1) is currently employed by Nebraska Medicine, or is eligible for rehire into a benefit eligible employment status at Nebraska Medicine within 364 days of the previous termination date; (2) hired by Nebraska Medicine before November 21, 2014, or hired by an entity acquired by Nebraska Medicine if the employee was hired before the acquisition; (3) has experience directly applicable to position; and (4) currently hold a Registered Nursing License.
Nebraska Medicine is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and protected veterans' status.
|Date Posted||May 12, 2022|
|Date Closes||May 27, 2022|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|