Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:Third Shift (United States of America)
Nebraska Medicine is seeking a talented individual to join us as a Non-Invasive Cardio Technologist!
- High-performing hospital in cardiology in the 2012, 2013 and 2016 U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals ranking
- In 2016 Becker's Hospital Review named Nebraska Medicine "100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Heart Programs"
- Full time, 69 hours/.9 FTE (benefits eligible)
- Third shift
- Tuesday, Wednesday & Saturday
Why Nebraska Medicine:
- Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
- Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution, PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
- Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care
- Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of American's top employers and the best employer in Nebraska
Utilize advanced arrhythmia recognition skills, holter scanning, perform adult and pediatric EKGs, specialty EKG, apply holter monitors and cardiac event recorders. Directly interact with patients, nurses, staff, and physicians. Transcribe test results into hospitals Electronic Health Record (HER).
- High school education or equivalent required.
- Ability to work on call required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
- Certification in either Certified Cardiographic Technician (CCT) or Certified Rhythm Analysis Technician (CRAT) by Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) within 24 months of hire or transfer date required.
- Complete 16 continuing education units (CEU) every three years related to cardiac rhythm interpretation, EKGs, or cardiac devices post- certification and registry in electrocardiography by CCI required.
- Two years' experience in non-invasive cardiology preferred.
- Associate's degree with emphasis in cardiac anatomy and physiology or equivalent combination of education and/or experience working in non-invasive cardiology in an acute care setting preferred.
- College courses in physiology, anatomy, and/or related subjects preferred.
- Associate of Science degree preferred.
- Graduate of an accredited school of allied health/technology preferred.
- Knowledge of GE telemetry, MARS, and MUSE systems, EKG system and cart, cardiac event recorders, and holter monitors preferred.
- Advanced arrhythmia recognition and basic 12 lead EKG interpretation preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge to recognize arrhythmia and abnormalities on ECG preferred.
Working at Nebraska Medicine means you're committing to meaningful, impactful work that will elevate the success of your fellow colleagues and will help our patients and their families feel comfortable, confident and cared for.