Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:First Shift (United States of America)
Applications Analyst (Hospital Billing)
***Preferred Consideration will be given to Candidates with Previous Hospital Billing experience in Epic and/or Certification***
Why Nebraska Medicine:
Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
- Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution, PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
- Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care
- Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of American's top employers and the best employer in Nebraska
This Hospital Billing Applications Analyst will analyze workflow and documentation requirements for clinical and/or business processes within assigned departments and operational areas. Provide ongoing analysis and trouble-shooting support of application system components to meet needs and clinical/business requirements. Perform applications testing and participates in integrated testing of current and newly released vendor functionality to ensure system reliability. Contribute to updates, upgrades, and projects within and across applications and develops application specific solutions. Provide 24/7 customer support for applications within accountability.
* Minimum of two years experience in designated area of application supported required.
* High school education or equivalent required.
* Bachelor's degree OR equivalent combination of education/experience combined (one year of education equals one year of experience) required.
* If supporting Epic application ability to obtain appropriate EPIC certification(s) with six months of hire required.
* Knowledge and ability to employ systems analysis design, industry practices, tools and standard required.
* Strong communication, interpersonal, and rapport-building skills required.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office applications required, specifically Outlook and Excel.
* Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task required.
* Ability to translate an understanding of computer system capabilities to address user process requirements required.
* Analytical skills necessary to apply knowledge to system problems and improve efficiency with systems required.
* Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Nebraska or current compact state license or appropriate allied health license or registration in the state of Nebraska only as required in accordance with appropriate health-related degree required.
* If supporting an Epic application, ability to obtain appropriate EPIC certification(s) within six months of hire or transfer date required.
* Experience with workflow analysis or design, or problem-solving applications issues preferred. Direct experience with applications/systems or end user system support preferred.
* Direct experience with applications/systems or end user system support preferred.
* If supporting an Epic application, experience in Epic or electronic health record applications, and/or healthcare operations background (e.g., clinical, billing, scheduling, access services, health information management, etc.) preferred. .
* Bachelor's degree preferred.
* Epic applications certification preferred. Epic certification in designated application area(s) strongly preferred.
* Knowledge of clinical, business, or operational healthcare, hospital/clinic workflows preferred.
* Certification or training in designated application area(s) preferred.
Working at Nebraska Medicine means you're committing to meaningful, impactful work that will elevate the success of your fellow colleagues and will help our patients and their families feel comfortable, confident and cared for.