Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Monday - Friday; 1st shift - this role works a 4x10 (4 days a week, 10 hours a day)
Why Nebraska Medicine:
Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
* Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution, PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
* Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care
* Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of American's top employers and the best employer in Nebraska
Provide quality child care for the children of employees at Nebraska Medicine, UNMC, and community partners, ages six weeks through six years, which meets the needs of parents and fulfills the State of Nebraska mandated licensing requirements. Assist in the creation of age appropriate lesson plans, crafts and activities to enhance learning and development. Document and chart assigned children's daily activity, behavior, and food intake in accordance to department policies and federal standards.
* Minimum of 19 years of age required.
* Minimum of 1 year of child care or entry level healthcare experience required.
* Clearance with the State of Nebraska Central Registry of Child Abuse and Neglect required.
* Basic Life Support (BLS) / First Aid certification within three months of hire or transfer date required.
* Acquire 12 hours of in service annually required.
* Experience in a child care center with organized group activities preferred.
* Associate's degree, bachelor's degree, or Child Development Associate (CDA) certification preferred.
* Knowledge and experience in curriculum implementation and lesson planning preferred.
* Experience in positive interactions with age appropriate learning techniques preferred.
* Knowledge of the developmental stages of early childhood learning preferred.
* Completion of Safe With You: Safe Sleep for infants training program preferred.
* Completion of Safe With You: Power to Protect training program preferred.
Working at Nebraska Medicine means you're committing to meaningful, impactful work that will elevate the success of your fellow colleagues and will help our patients and their families feel comfortable, confident and cared for.