Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:First Shift (United States of America)
Nebraska Medicine Patient Coordinator Senior Associate - Urology
Why Nebraska Medicine:
Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
- Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution, PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
- Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care
- Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of American's top employers and the best employer in Nebraska
Coordinate referrals to designated clinical programs and services by registering and scheduling patients, obtaining previous medical records and referring to financial counseling as needed. Assess insurance benefits, pre-authorization/referral requirements, and status related to life time limits, and/or coordinate insurance information with designated insurance coordinator. Serve as a liaison and facilitate referrals to internal and external clinical programs and services. Assist patients in understanding co-pay requirements, deductibles, and out of pocket expenses. Assist with development and implementation of protocols to improve efficiency and to provide education to internal and external physicians and practice staff.
* Minimum of one year of experience in a face-to-face customer service environment required.
* High school education or equivalent required.
* Demonstrated verbal and written customer relations skills required.
* Ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively with an interdisciplinary team required.
* Experience in healthcare, collections, registration, or military medic corps preferred.
* Associate's degree, Bachelor's degree, nursing assistant or medical assistant course work preferred.
* Previous experience with word processing and data entry programs preferred.
Working at Nebraska Medicine means you're committing to meaningful, impactful work that will elevate the success of your fellow colleagues and will help our patients and their families feel comfortable, confident and cared for.