Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:Second Shift (United States of America)
Nebraska Medicine - Main Campus/UNMC - Facilities Supervisor
Shift: Second Shift - 3pm-11:30pm. Monday - Friday. Full Time.
Why Nebraska Medicine:
Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
- Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution, PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
- Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care
- Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of American's top employers and the best employer in Nebraska
- Serve on the leadership team as a supervisor by overseeing all aspects of day-to-day operations.
- Provide supervision to electrical, maintenance, and plumbing staff. Responsible for the total development and management of a safe, comprehensive facilities maintenance program in accordance with department/hospital policies, local, state and national codes.
- Responsible for the management of facilities maintenance equipment, processes and practices; coordinated facilities maintenance functions with department/outside resources; ensures daily workload is carried out through individual or cooperate efforts.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in building maintenance or related formal training required.
- Minimum of 1 year of leadership experience to include the majority of the following: serve as an operational expert for a group of employees, regularly model/mentor and train employees on technical skills, make decisions regarding daily priorities for a work group, provide guidance to and/or assist staff on non-routine or escalated issues and provide input on performance appraisals and/or disciplinary actions required.
- Associates degree of Applied Technology, Business Management, or related field of study or 2 years additional commensurate leadership experience.
- Preferred knowledge of TJC , NFPA, and OSHA requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction, or Business Management
Working at Nebraska Medicine means you're committing to meaningful, impactful work that will elevate the success of your fellow colleagues and will help our patients and their families feel comfortable, confident and cared for.