Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:First Shift (United States of America)
Nebraska Medicine is seeking a talented individual to join us as a Medical Social Worker for our Inpatient setting!
- This position focuses on our adult discharge planning
- Assist patients as they navigate medical concerns and life changes
- Complete psychosocial assessments while patients are hospitalized
- Assist with coordinating post-acute needs such as transitions to home, skilled rehabilitation and acute rehabilitation.
- Coordinate with multidisciplinary medical team
- Assist in connecting with community resources and problem solving
- Monday - Friday
- 8:00AM - 4:30PM
Why Nebraska Medicine:
- Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
- Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution, PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
- Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care
- Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of American's top employers and the best employer in Nebraska
Provide counseling and intervention in order to assist in meeting the social, psychological, rehabilitative, protective, financial, and discharge planning needs of patients requiring continuing care or adjustment to lifestyle changes following discharge. Provide assessment and consultative services to ensure assistance for patients and families with personal and/or environmental difficulties which predispose illness or interfere with obtaining maximum benefits from medical care.
- Master's degree in social work from a Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) accredited university required.
- Experience with computers for access to patient information required.
- Experience with copiers and faxes required.
- Certified Master Social Worker (CMSW) by Nebraska law OR Provisional Certified Master of Social Work (PCMSW) required.
- Prior healthcare experience preferred.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) preferred
Working at Nebraska Medicine means you're committing to meaningful, impactful work that will elevate the success of your fellow colleagues and will help our patients and their families feel comfortable, confident and cared for.