Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:First Shift (United States of America)
Service and Spiritual Engagement Manager
***Cover Letter and Resume REQUIRED***
Why Nebraska Medicine:
Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
- Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution, PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
- Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care
- Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of American's top employer in Nebraska.
Our Service and Spiritual Engagement Manager will lead, manage, and coordinate, services related to spiritual care, volunteer and living donor advocacy teams. Focus on improving patient, family and staff experience by leading patient engagement efforts in these areas. Provide leadership and/or consultation for the acute bereavement services process to exceed patient/family expectations and regulatory requirements. Collaborate with community stakeholders to strengthen spiritual care and volunteer resources and relationships. Strategically assess the organization's volunteer program to address operational needs, including the development of new volunteer services and volunteer recruitment process as needed. Provide for the recruitment, development, and retention of the organization's team.
* Minimum of two years leadership experience in administration, supervision, fiscal management, public relations, human resource management required.
* Experience working with or as a volunteer for nonprofit programs required.
* Bachelor's degree in public administration or business administration or related field required.
* Effective communication skills (written and verbal), leadership and facilitating abilities required.
* Ability to establish relationships with all levels of staff and the ability to work with a variety of people required.
* Master's degree in business administration or related field preferred.
* Experience in spiritual care or chaplaincy preferred.
Working at Nebraska Medicine means you're committing to meaningful, impactful work that will elevate the success of your fellow colleagues and will help our patients and their families feel comfortable, confident and cared for.