Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:First Shift (United States of America)
Nebraska Medicine is seeking a talented individual to join us as a Supervisor for our Lab Support Services department!
If you have a passion for leading and helping others, this is the job for you!
- Full time, 40 hours / benefit eligible
- First shift
- Location: main campus
Why Nebraska Medicine:
- Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
- Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution, PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
- Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care
- Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of American's top employers and the best employer in Nebraska
Serve on the Support Services leadership team as shift supervisor for the daily operations of the phlebotomy staff. The Supervisor will ensure adherence to departmental policies and procedures. Oversee the onboarding and training of new staff members. Partner closely with colleagues to serve as knowledge expert, model/mentor and train on technical skills. Provide guidance on non-routine or escalated issues, staff scheduling, competency management, continuing education, performance appraisals and/or disciplinary actions, 1:1 meetings and staff engagement activities.
- Minimum of 4 years experience in clinical laboratory medicine including phlebotomy experience required.
- High school education required.
- Associate's degree or equivalent combination of education/experience combined (One year of education equals one year of experience) required.
- Phlebotomy certification by a nationally recognized agency within 12 months of hire or transfer date required.
- Strong interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership, planning and organizational skills required.
- Attention to detail, demonstrate initiative, teamwork, collaboration and flexibility required.
- Ability to work independently required.
- Ability to problem solve and exhibit strong judgement skills required.
- Computer experience required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Phlebotomy, Medical Lab Scientist or Medical Lab Technician certification and experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience and competency with quality improvement, outcome monitoring, and or process development in healthcare preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in data collection, analysis and interpretation preferred.
- Some management or leadership experience preferred.
Working at Nebraska Medicine means you're committing to meaningful, impactful work that will elevate the success of your fellow colleagues and will help our patients and their families feel comfortable, confident and cared for.