Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:First Shift (United States of America)
Clinical Quality Lead-RN (Quality)
***Cover Letter and Resume REQUIRED***
Why Nebraska Medicine:
Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
- Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution, PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
- Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care
- Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of American's top employers and the best employer in Nebraska
The primary focus of this Clinical Quality Lead is to be actively engaged in clinical quality improvement efforts regarding hospital acquired conditions, and may involve oversight and/or facilitation of some of these efforts. Work with other identified staff to coordinate and collect specific clinical outcomes information as required by regulatory agencies, and collaboratively develop goals to achieve improved clinical outcomes for the organization. Provide education and feedback to clinicians on various clinical quality performance metrics and programs.
* Minimum of three years clinical experience in specialty area to include quality improvement, outcomes monitoring, and/or process development in the healthcare arena required.
* Bachelor's degree in nursing or other related scientific clinical healthcare field or equivalent combination of education/experience combined (One year of education equals one year of experience) required.
* Demonstrated knowledge and competency with quality improvement, outcomes monitoring, and/or process development in the healthcare arena required.
* Demonstrated knowledge in data collection, analysis and interpretation required.
* Demonstrated critical thinking/analytical skills as well as strong problem-solving skills required.
* Demonstrated knowledge of team building, both as a participant of teams and in a leadership role required.
* Demonstrated excellent organizational and communication skills (written and verbal), leadership, and facilitation abilities required.
* Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and capabilities, along with the ability to work cross-functionally with other leaders required.
* Proficiency with office computer tools (e.g., PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Visio and Word) required.
* Ability to successfully complete clinical quality improvement training within one year of hire or transfer date required.
* Prior experience working directly with physicians preferred.
* Experience with health care related accreditation and regulatory agency standards preferred.
* Clinical research experience (e.g., trial design, data collection and analysis) preferred.
* Master's degree preferred.
* Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Nebraska or current compact state license preferred.
Working at Nebraska Medicine means you're committing to meaningful, impactful work that will elevate the success of your fellow colleagues and will help our patients and their families feel comfortable, confident and cared for.