Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:First Shift (United States of America)
Associate General Counsel (Pharmacy)
Hybrid - Partial Remote Opportunity
***Cover Letter and Resume REQUIRED***
Why Nebraska Medicine:
Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
- Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution, PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
- Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care
- Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of American's top employers and the best employer in Nebraska
This Associate General Counsel (Pharmacy) position will provide legal advice and counsel to Nebraska Medicine, an academic health system which includes two hospitals, a physician practice group, and multiple affiliated legal entities. Responsible for areas of law that include drafting and negotiating contracts, academic medicine and general healthcare law (including Stark Law, anti-kickback statutes, and fraud and abuse laws). The position will serve as the primary legal advisor for pharmacy operations and may have one or more additional practice focus areas which may include compliance, data security, employment, financial services, governance, information technology, insurance, intellectual property, litigation, privacy, real estate, or trademark.
- Five (5) years practicing in a law firm or in-house legal department in one or more of the areas identified above required.
- Experience drafting and negotiating contracts required.
- Juris doctorate (JD) degree required.
- High ethical standards and integrity required.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision while still demonstrating good judgment required.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Strong analytical skills required.
- Ability to prioritize and manage a diverse and constantly changing workload in a fast-paced environment required.
- License to practice law in good standing in Nebraska required. If not licensed in Nebraska, must be licensed in good standing in at least one other state and willing and eligible to obtain Nebraska license within six months of hire.
- Experience advising or working in pharmacy or other healthcare law focus areas preferred.
- Experience advising academic health systems preferred.
Working at Nebraska Medicine means you're committing to meaningful, impactful work that will elevate the success of your fellow colleagues and will help our patients and their families feel comfortable, confident and cared for.