Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:First Shift (United States of America)
Updated job description 8.19.21
Dialysis Technician - 1st shift
Nebraska Medicine is now taking applications for a talented individual to join us as Dialysis Technician for full time. This role will be great for someone that has a passion for dialysis and great customer service for our patients we serve. This specific position will work from the Clarkson Building on the Nebraska Medicine campus in Omaha, NE.
We partner with our physicians, nurses and other hospital staff to provide the best Serious Medicine and Extraordinary Care available in the region. We are excited to have Forbes Magazine recognize us in their list of American's top employers and the best employer in Nebraska. Come join us!!
First Shift and benefits eligible
Monday - Friday ; 8 hour shift + two Saturdays / month
Start times are either 4AM OR 6AM
1.0 FTE (40 hours per week/80 hours per pay period)
Why Nebraska Medicine:
Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution, PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care
Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of American's top employers and the best employer in Nebraska
Functions as part of the hemodialysis team in providing dialysis equipment and water treatment under the direction of a licensed registered nurse. Responsible for the set up of equipment in the central unit and the bedside. Support the Quality Enhancement (QEP) and CQI activities including those related to patient satisfaction and process improvement.
* Direct patient care experience in acute hospital care, ambulatory care, long term care, or home care setting required.
* High school education or equivalent required.
* Minimum of 18 years of age required.
* Demonstrated effective communication skills required.
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification endorsed by the American Heart Association (AHA) upon completion of unit orientation required.
* Dialysis experience preferred.
* Certified Hemodialysis Technologist/Technician (CHT) preferred.
* Knowledge of computer data entry and word processing preferred.
* Basic knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
Working at Nebraska Medicine means you're committing to meaningful, impactful work that will elevate the success of your fellow colleagues and will help our patients and their families feel comfortable, confident and cared for.