Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:First Shift (United States of America)
Nebraska Medicine Medical Assistant
- Multidisciplinary Clinic
- Serve patients in need of everything from routine vaccinations to a wide variety of serious health issues
Shift: Monday - Friday; 7:30am - 5:30pm (8Hour Shift; Some Flexibility)
Why Nebraska Medicine:
Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
- Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution, PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
- Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care
- Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of American's top employers and the best employer in Nebraska
Provides the highest quality of customer service for patients and others by performing all duties in a professional and engaging manner. Provide quality care to patients, under the direction of licensed practitioners, promote efficient operation of the clinic, and provide assistance to physicians and support staff.
- High school education or equivalent required.
- Graduate of an approved Medical Assistant Program required.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification endorsed by the American Heart Association (AHA) upon completion of unit orientation required.
- If required to administer medications, current Medication Aid Registry listing or completed within first 30 days of hire or transfer date, and maintained thereafter required.
- Experience in a physician's office preferred.
- Experience in a related area preferred.
- Ability to be bilingual in English and Spanish for working in certain clinics preferred.
- Medical assistant certification preferred.
Working at Nebraska Medicine means you're committing to meaningful, impactful work that will elevate the success of your fellow colleagues and will help our patients and their families feel comfortable, confident and cared for.