Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:First Shift (United States of America)
Nebraska Medicine is seeking a talented individual to join us as a Respiratory Therapist for our Bellevue Medical Center location!
Doctors at Nebraska Medicine offer advanced treatment for pulmonary diseases allowing our Respiratory Therapists a variety of options.
Some of our services include:
- sleep laboratory
- pulmonary function test laboratory
- advanced respiratory therapy services
- pulmonary rehabilitation
- First shift
- Full time, benefits eligible
- 36 hours, .9 FTE.
Why Nebraska Medicine:
- Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
- Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution, PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
- Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care
- Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of American's top employers and the best employer in Nebraska
Responsible for patient care assessment, critical thinking and advanced knowledge of evidence-based clinical practice guidelines. Develop and implements effective patient care, treatment, and cardiopulmonary disease management plans. Provides routine and complex respiratory therapy procedures in areas such as emergent, acute, surgical, chronic or long term care settings for a variety of patient populations..
- High school education or equivalent required.
- Graduation from an American Medical Association (AMA) approved respiratory care program with an associate's degree required or equivalent education completed meeting certification and licensure requirements.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills required.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, teamwork, and flexibility required.
- Licensed Respiratory Care Practitioner (LRCP) from the State of Nebraska required. Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) credential by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) required.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) credential by the NBRC within 6 months of hire is required.
- American Heart Association - Basic Life Support (BLS) required.
- Based on position, the American Heart Association Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and/or the Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) within 6 months of hire is required.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) department dependent required.
- Direct patient care experience preferred.
- Based on position, prior experience in respiratory acute or intensive care preferred.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Based on position, one or more of the following: laboratory analyzing devices, complex monitoring devices, specialized gas therapy, arterial line insertion, assist or performing intubations, assist or performing diagnostic procedures, ground and/or flight transport training preferred.
- Based on position, the ability to demonstrate competence with all ages preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook Email preferred.
- Proficient use of departmental and patient care equipment and supplies preferred.
- Proficient in telecommunication and electronic health record systems preferred.
- Based on position, the ability to maintain 24 hour accountability (on-call) preferred.
Working at Nebraska Medicine means you're committing to meaningful, impactful work that will elevate the success of your fellow colleagues and will help our patients and their families feel comfortable, confident and cared for.