Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:Weekend Shift (United States of America)
Nebraska Medicine is seeking a talented individual to join us as a Cardio Sonographer for our Bellevue Medical Center location!
Perform cardiac and/or vascular ultrasound procedures, depending on position, and acquire appropriate echocardiographic and/or vascular data to provide the highest quality of care for the organization's patients and medical staff. Provide education and training in ultrasound procedures for fellows, interns and other staff to serve the community and provide high quality educational experiences.
- Casual/ on an as needed basis (not benefit eligible)
- Rotation for on-call hours Monday - Friday + weekends.
Why Nebraska Medicine:
- Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
- Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution, PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
- Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care
- Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of American's top employers and the best employer in Nebraska
- High school education or equivalent required.
- Associate's degree OR equivalent combination of education/experience from an accredited cardiac ultrasound program performing all types of cardiac ultrasound in a health care environment combined (One year of education equals one year of experience) required.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills required.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently to accomplish tasks that require self-direction required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
- Prior cardiac and/or vascular ultrasound experience in a health care environment preferred.
- Minimum of 18 years of age or older preferred.
- Associate's degree from an accredited cardiac ultrasound program performing all types of cardiac ultrasound in a health care environment preferred.
- Demonstrate ability to think deductively and make clinical decisions accordingly preferred.
- Experience with typical office equipment (e.g., telephone, fax machine, copy machine, calculator) preferred.
- Experience with ultrasound equipment, transesophageal transducers, research computer systems, centricity hospital information system, and digital echo storage system preferred.
- Demonstrate knowledge 1 of principles and function of the cardiovascular system and vascular circulatory system, including physics and blood flow hemodynamics preferred.
- Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT) OR Registered Cardiac Ultrasonographer (RDCS) with the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) OR registry eligible preferred.
Working at Nebraska Medicine means you're committing to meaningful, impactful work that will elevate the success of your fellow colleagues and will help our patients and their families feel comfortable, confident and cared for.