Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:First Shift (United States of America)
Nebraska Medicine Patient Financial Counselor
Shift: Mon - Fri (10am - 2pm)
Why Nebraska Medicine:
Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
- Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution, PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
- Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care
- Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of American's top employers and the best employer in Nebraska
Provide customer service by screening accounts and taking referrals, identifying patient financial needs, assessing needs through patient interview, formulation of a strategy, and assisting the patient as needed to complete all necessary requirements to enable the patient to meet their financial obligation to the organization. Verify insurance eligibility and benefit information, collect co-payments, obtain prior authorizations and facilitate identification of available coverage and/or financial application process. Provide support for organizational research through completion of proactive payer medical review determination. Complete applications for coverage through Medicaid, Marketplace and/or disability, monitor status, and assist patients with scheduling of hearings or other items as required. Complete cost estimates and follow guidelines associated with pre-payment process. Face to face and bedside patient contact required.
* Minimum of three years healthcare and/or insurance/third party reimbursement experience required.
* High school education or equivalent required.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to successfully interact with a variety of internal and external customers at all levels required.
* Analytical and financial assessment abilities to maintain close attention to a variety of details in order to perform duties effectively required.
* Ability to solve problems independently and must be strongly vested in team management required.
* Multi-task oriented and able to function in a constantly changing environment required.
* Organizational and time management skills in order to maintain and prioritize daily work and follow-up on accounts in a timely manner required.
* Experience with various computer mainframe, network, web based and payer applications required.
* Must register with the State of NE as a pharmacy technician, depending on position (e.g., pharmacy Financial Counselor) required.
* Experience in healthcare collections, registration or customer service preferred.
* Prior experience in retail pharmacy based on position (e.g., pharmacy Financial Counselor) preferred.
* Associate's degree in business, healthcare or related field preferred.
* Experience in health care revenue cycle functions to include insurance or registration preferred.
* Experience with Microsoft Office products, specifically Word and Excel preferred.
* Previous experience with Epic Revenue Cycle modules preferred.
* Bi-lingual preferred.
* Knowledge of governmental reimbursement rules and regulations preferred.
* Knowledge of Ambulatory Payment Classifications (APC), Diagnosis Related Group (DRG) and Fee-For-Service (FFS) reimbursement methodologies preferred.
* Knowledge of 3rd party payer edits preferred.
* Certification through hospital or professional revenue cycle organization preferred.
* Membership in hospital or professional revenue cycle organization preferred.
* Coding certification preferred.
Working at Nebraska Medicine means you're committing to meaningful, impactful work that will elevate the success of your fellow colleagues and will help our patients and their families feel comfortable, confident and cared for.