Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:Third Shift (United States of America)
Nebraska Medicine is seeking a talented individual to join us as a Phlebotomist!
Those with phlebotomy experience and/or certification with clinical rotations are highly desired. Prefer a minimum of 50 human stick experience.
(also known as: Phlebotomy Tech, Phlebotomist)
We partner with our physicians, nurses and other hospital staff to provide the best Serious Medicine and Extraordinary Care available in the region. We are excited to have Forbes Magazine recognize us in their list of American's top employers and the best employer in Nebraska. Come join us!!
Full time, 40 hours / benefit eligible
Third Shift, includes shift differential
Why Nebraska Medicine:
- Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
- Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution, PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
- Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care
- Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of American's top employers and the best employer in Nebraska
Responsible for collection and transportation of patient specimens for clinical laboratory testing adhering to department identification policies. Perform, evaluate, and report patient specimens using point-of-care instrumentation. Demonstrate behavioral skills that contribute to a productive work environment, represent the lab in a professional manner, and provide excellent customer service. May process and distribute patient specimen for clinical laboratory testing.
- Minimum of 18 years of age required.
- High school education or equivalent required.
- Effective written and oral communication skills required.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, teamwork, and flexibility required.
- Computer experience required.
- Attention to detail required.
- Ability to multitask required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology required.
- Direct patient care experience or completion of a phlebotomy course or phlebotomy experience preferred.
- Phlebotomy certification PBT (ASCP) preferred.
Working at Nebraska Medicine means you're committing to meaningful, impactful work that will elevate the success of your fellow colleagues and will help our patients and their families feel comfortable, confident and cared for.